Property sector calls on government to change visa regulations to stimulate economy

webfact

Strange how they seem to think there are so many rich people dying to invest in Thailand. I'm not rich but I have $150,000 US invested in a US mutual fund which pays $1100 per quarter in dividends and has returned over $35,000 since 2017. I wouldn't put a cent of it into Thailand. What DOES exist are plenty of expats, long term visitors, workers, and non wealthy tourists in the millions whose combined spending is seemingly invisible to Thai "economists". But WE know that, right? Are these "economists" reading Thaivisa? Nope. Mmmmmm, never mind.

Wake up real estate owners....the true colors of this country has shown the world that your interest is only people life saving and not them. There are owners that can not even get back into the country, so why would anyone want to invest in this country? 

Live with the fact that you have over built, over price properties and nobody interested anymore. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Thailand doesn't know whats going on in Thailand.

Add in the rest of the world and you'd be close.... if you want people to buy a condo give them residency like any other civilised country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

It also effectively saturates the country with Chinese which is one direct aim of the Commie Chinese government in order to take over everywhere..

The Chinese are doing a hell of a job taking over the economic world. They have $1.2 trillion foreign currency every year that they have to dispose of. This much money can buy you the entire country of Laos.

34 minutes ago, DonaldBattles said:

The Chinese are doing a hell of a job taking over the economic world. They have $1.2 trillion foreign currency every year that they have to dispose of. This much money can buy you the entire country of Laos.

Good point.....hmmm but who would want to buy Laos?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, moontang said:

I wish people would give up on the counting balcony light method of real estate economics.  There are 50 motorbikes in the lot for every balcony light on.

The "lights on in condos" is a very reliable economic indicator, combined with the "empty bar-stool" indicator, you are considered an expert 

• Like 1

the big problem here is that Flip and Flop want the Chinese to take over, while property and land is the way it is the Chinese developers have it made, they buy up acres of land on 90 year lease then turn it into a building estate no problem and no arguments

27 minutes ago, johnarth said:

the big problem here is that Flip and Flop want the Chinese to take over, while property and land is the way it is the Chinese developers have it made, they buy up acres of land on 90 year lease then turn it into a building estate no problem and no arguments

I think you will find 30 years is the longest lease you can get, its mot buying land if you are renting it, You usually cant build on or on-sell something you dont own , but other than that your statement is correct.

This fake gov talks to much and will never change any laws. They are racist hate westerners. It's obvious by there disgusting lack of compassion for those locked out that could be easily let back in. The best thing to hope for is stepping up of protests and a election to rectify there mistakes and change these laws to reboot Thailand asap. Old walking stick foot dragging pensioners sneaking out back doors of parliament are not the future.

• Like 1

I'm against this. Farang should not be permitted to buy land. You would have a Chinese Korea invasion. But farang should be permitted to own joint land 50 50 with spouse. THAI girl won't be marrying Chinese ????

Edited by tomauasia

15 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Will never happen and thankfully so.

Thailand unites the flesh and blood of Thais.
The land of Thailand belongs to the Thais.
Long has been our independence, wish sovereignty allowed to maintain it,
Because Thais have been united forever.
The Thais are peaceful and loving, but are not cowards in war.
Our sovereignty will never be threatened,
We will sacrifice every drop of our blood for our nation.
We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!

- Translation of the Thai national anthem.

And meanwhile;

"Property consultant Knight Frank Thailand aims to sell 30 London residential units worth nearly 2 billion baht to Thai buyers this year, up from 12 worth 720 million last year, driven by strong demand from parents and investment buyers.

Frank Khan, executive director and head of residential, said the number of Thai buyers looking for London property has been on the rise since last year as the pound is 20% weaker against the baht.

"Demand last year was from both parents looking for a unit for their children during their studies, as well as investment buyers who wanted to take a chance on capital gain from the weak currency. That trend will continue this year,".. 

2 hours ago, Oww said:

And meanwhile;

"Property consultant Knight Frank Thailand aims to sell 30 London residential units worth nearly 2 billion baht to Thai buyers this year, up from 12 worth 720 million last year, driven by strong demand from parents and investment buyers.

Frank Khan, executive director and head of residential, said the number of Thai buyers looking for London property has been on the rise since last year as the pound is 20% weaker against the baht.

"Demand last year was from both parents looking for a unit for their children during their studies, as well as investment buyers who wanted to take a chance on capital gain from the weak currency. That trend will continue this year,".. 

Funny all the westerners winging because they can't afford to buy property in their own countries.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Funny all the westerners winging because they can't afford to buy property in their own countries.

I had no problem buying a 1/2 million pound property in the UK.

But I could only afford to buy it once, and the judge gave that property to my Brit wife.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had no problem buying a 1/2 million pound property in the UK.

But I could only afford to buy it once, and the judge gave that property to my Brit wife.

All the posts about Thais being able to buy property in this or that country...why do they care; are they being priced out of the market? They should be grateful the Thai government prevents them from "investing" in Thai property (which many also say is about to crash).

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

All the posts about Thais being able to buy property in this or that country...why do they care; are they being priced out of the market? They should be grateful the Thai government prevents them for "investing" in Thai property.

I agree, very foolish to buy a house in any country if you're living with a woman.

I'd only buy another house in the UK if I were single or a homosexual.

No point in buying anything in a country where you have no right to reside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Hahahaha. You are funny. affluent men exploiting the gals. More like the other way around. And for the foreign woman can easily get it, in a sense it is degrading in looked at like ownership.

So in reality it depends on how the girl looks and acts. And this would apply in any country around the world. But generally most gals won't come off as hussy or a floozy. For the PR. Come on now. You can regurgitate and spout that stuff out until the cows come home, but fact of the matter is it isn't easy, you shouldn't have to get a job and it should be widely more accepting than and open for what is is, and presently is only a bunch of BS. Want me to pay taxes? Well sure I could pay into a social Security fund or a trivial 1000 baht per month if they would like. That would be more than 95% of the Thai population pays. I pour enough money into this country, but all this regime ever sees is give me give me give more while disregarding what you have already done. I actually help build their population base having 3 kids.

Now you are just waffling and posting nonsense to suit your own agenda.

95% of Thais don't pay social? Piffle.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

In other words all this bs:

"Our sovereignty will never be threatened,
We will sacrifice every drop of our blood for our nation.
We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!".... 

Only applies to the poor folk... And you admit rich people live by their own damn rules right. Typical Thai thinking lol. 

• Confused 1