Tourism industry insider optimistic on the upcoming high season

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media Channel 7 quoted the former chief of the Thai hoteliers' association as saying that this year's high season would be at least 20% down on last year.

thank you for this. i really did need to smile today. been a little sad lately and this sure fixed that in a hurry. 

i got some 20 percent down for ya sweetie. 

Ex pat visitors to Chiang Mai seem to have increased over the last couple of weeks especially with some of the direct flights. Hope it continues but I think only 20% down on last year is a little wide of the mark.

I was looking at a trip up north .. but rainy season, then followed by smoky season, all topped off with wearing uncomfortable masks for a flight .. nah. Will stay within driving distance. Which is not bad at the moment, for first time in years Thai friends are coming back to Pattaya, now that the Chinese hordes are gone. I do like the change in demographics.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

One high spot would be those Thais who would normally go abroad but due to the pandemic would holiday in places like the cool north.

Not to mention toxic levels of 2.5 PM air pollution assuring among other things that they will not be able to view the mountains. Are they hoping no one will notice? ????????????