MTT - am I screwed with the TM30?

I arrived in Thailand on an METV and my landlord did a TM30 after my first entry. However, no TM30 was done for my second or third entries and then the covid situation started and I've been at the same condo since although I've also checked into a few hotels while I've been on holiday. I'm planning to put that condo as my address. Will this be an issue when I go to amend the date on my regular TR60 extension and/or apply for a 60 day extension today?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is not required if one was done after your last entry to the country. Staying at a hotel no longer causes one to be required (rule change June 30th).

That's bad news! I didn't do one after last border hop. Do you think if I went to Chiang Mai or Hua Hin tomorrow they would still be able to change my 26 October stamp to 30 November?

36 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

That's bad news! I didn't do one after last border hop. Do you think if I went to Chiang Mai or Hua Hin tomorrow they would still be able to change my 26 October stamp to 30 November?

The should not want a new one. If you have a multiple entry visa it is not required unless you change your address now.

8 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I'm wondering if today is the deadline to get my 26 October stamp changed to 30 November or is the deadline 31 October?

I think you will be okay until the 30th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The should not want a new one. If you have a multiple entry visa it is not required unless you change your address now.

I think you will be okay until the 30th.

Thank you. I'll give it a go today and if I have any problems hopefully I can try again later this week.

47 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I'm wondering if today is the deadline to get my 26 October stamp changed to 30 November or is the deadline 31 October?

As you mentioned that it's a regular TR-60 extension, not a Covid extension, I assume that it was issued elsewhere, not at MTT? In that case, I'd be surprised if they change the stamp for you at MTT. They would probably let you apply for the new 60-day Covid extension, but then having your most recent TM30 and extension elsewhere might become an issue. Only one way to find out though.

They are, after much discussion among themselves, prepared to change the stamp but they need a TM30. To do that I would need to make a new contract with my landlord and bring it in. They said doing it online would not be possible as it has to be done within 24 hours of moving in, although when pressed they said "you can try". I think it's going to be easier to go to Hua Hin.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, Caldera said:

As you mentioned that it's a regular TR-60 extension, not a Covid extension, I assume that it was issued elsewhere, not at MTT? In that case, I'd be surprised if they change the stamp for you at MTT. They would probably let you apply for the new 60-day Covid extension, but then having your most recent TM30 and extension elsewhere might become an issue. Only one way to find out though.

You were right about this. Despite the huge discussion they had among themselves on Monday and then calling their boss and telling me they would change the date of my stamp, today they refused to do so but allowed me to apply for a 60 day covid extension instead. 1900 baht and I have to return on early November.