Muang Thong Thani - Extension 60 Days - Counter K

11 minutes ago, pervaud said:

So is that confirm we can apply without embassy letter? 

They are not required. They may have you complete and sign a affidavit with tick boxes for the reason you are applying for the extension.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, pervaud said:

Hi, great to hear someone able to apply this new 60 day extension. 

So is that confirm we can apply without embassy letter? 

Perhaps not technically required, but be prepared for some Gestapo interrogation techniques if you don't have one.  My wife was subjected to a tedious list of questions (repeated over and over) as to why no embassy letter, why didn't leave, requested proof of flights being canceled, proof of inability to leave, etc.  In the end the IO relented and gave the under consideration stamp, but it definitely looked like a denial was coming prior to that point.  Just be mentally prepared with answers to the inquisition you may (or may not) get, depending on the specific officer, and try to remain calm.

She had to sign two additional forms: (1) the Covid extension form with first two boxes pre-checked by the staff outside; and (2) an acknowledgement of T&C's form that they refused to explain the meaning of (just sign please!).

Enjoy!

• Confused 1

Unless you're able to get to MTT cheaply and reasonably quickly, it seems going basically anywhere else in the country with an immigration office and booking a hotel overnight would be a better idea. I spent over 500 baht on transportation and if I have to keep doing that several times I think I'll be better off flying to Chiang Mai and getting a stamp to the end of January in one go.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Unless you're able to get to MTT cheaply and reasonably quickly, it seems going basically anywhere else in the country with an immigration office and booking a hotel overnight would be a better idea. I spent over 500 baht on transportation and if I have to keep doing that several times I think I'll be better off flying to Chiang Mai and getting a stamp to the end of January in one go.

I take taxis everywhere else, why would taking a taxi to immigration be any more of a burden?

Other considerstions are:

How are you going to get to chaing mai and back for 500 baht?

what is your time worth to you?

How much extra would a hotel room cost? 

I personally think you are just squealing for the sake of it.

If the 500 baht were a realy issue you would not be on about spending sgnificantly more.

Edited by n00dle
1 hour ago, n00dle said:

I take taxis everywhere else, why would taking a taxi to immigration be any more of a burden?

Other considerstions are:

How are you going to get to chaing mai and back for 500 baht?

what is your time worth to you?

How much extra would a hotel room cost? 

I personally think you are just squealing for the sake of it.

If the 500 baht were a realy issue you would not be on about spending sgnificantly more.

Try to read before replying. Doing it at MTT would take several journeys so not 500 baht. You may love taking the taxi through miserable parts of Bangkok but I'd rather fly and have a pleasant evening in a more scenic part of the country. 

11 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Well, if you take taxis...of course. Public transport to MTT is cheaper, but takes twice as longer so you have to leave earlier if you use it.

Edited by audaciousnomad
12 hours ago, eppic said:

Perhaps not technically required, but be prepared for some Gestapo interrogation techniques if you don't have one.  My wife was subjected to a tedious list of questions (repeated over and over) as to why no embassy letter, why didn't leave, requested proof of flights being canceled, proof of inability to leave, etc.  In the end the IO relented and gave the under consideration stamp, but it definitely looked like a denial was coming prior to that point.  Just be mentally prepared with answers to the inquisition you may (or may not) get, depending on the specific officer, and try to remain calm.

She had to sign two additional forms: (1) the Covid extension form with first two boxes pre-checked by the staff outside; and (2) an acknowledgement of T&C's form that they refused to explain the meaning of (just sign please!).

Enjoy!

That's unfortunate they subject a person to that interrogation.  At which office did they experience this?

@edwardandtubs

It's from the carpark beside Mor Chit BTS station.  Takes around 40mins.  If u don't speak basic Thai get a friend to write if for u in Thai.  Every 10 mins or so.  Final stop is 1km from Immigration.  

18 hours ago, Finlaco said:

@edwardandtubs

It's from the carpark beside Mor Chit BTS station.  Takes around 40mins.  If u don't speak basic Thai get a friend to write if for u in Thai.  Every 10 mins or so.  Final stop is 1km from Immigration.  

90 baht taxi to BTS Wat Sri is also a good option although due to the traffic congestion takes over 30 minutes.

Edited by edwardandtubs
34 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

90 baht taxi to BTS Wat Sri is also a good option although due to the traffic congestion takes over 30 minutes.

Not so good today. 140 baht and 40 minutes due to heavy congestion. A taxi straight to BTS Mo Chit might have been better.

Hi,
My retirement 1 year extension expired on 17th Oct. Long story as to why I let it expire.
My question is, under the current amnesty law am I still eligible to apply  for a 60 day extension? I will be applying at MTT.
I know under normal circumstances it would be out of the question but with amnesty maybe?
Many thanks.