Muang Thong Thani - Extension 60 Days - Counter K

11 minutes ago, pervaud said:

So is that confirm we can apply without embassy letter? 

They are not required. They may have you complete and sign a affidavit with tick boxes for the reason you are applying for the extension.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pervaud said:

Hi, great to hear someone able to apply this new 60 day extension. 

So is that confirm we can apply without embassy letter? 

Perhaps not technically required, but be prepared for some Gestapo interrogation techniques if you don't have one.  My wife was subjected to a tedious list of questions (repeated over and over) as to why no embassy letter, why didn't leave, requested proof of flights being canceled, proof of inability to leave, etc.  In the end the IO relented and gave the under consideration stamp, but it definitely looked like a denial was coming prior to that point.  Just be mentally prepared with answers to the inquisition you may (or may not) get, depending on the specific officer, and try to remain calm.

She had to sign two additional forms: (1) the Covid extension form with first two boxes pre-checked by the staff outside; and (2) an acknowledgement of T&C's form that they refused to explain the meaning of (just sign please!).

Enjoy!

• Confused 1

Unless you're able to get to MTT cheaply and reasonably quickly, it seems going basically anywhere else in the country with an immigration office and booking a hotel overnight would be a better idea. I spent over 500 baht on transportation and if I have to keep doing that several times I think I'll be better off flying to Chiang Mai and getting a stamp to the end of January in one go.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Unless you're able to get to MTT cheaply and reasonably quickly, it seems going basically anywhere else in the country with an immigration office and booking a hotel overnight would be a better idea. I spent over 500 baht on transportation and if I have to keep doing that several times I think I'll be better off flying to Chiang Mai and getting a stamp to the end of January in one go.

I take taxis everywhere else, why would taking a taxi to immigration be any more of a burden?

Other considerstions are:

How are you going to get to chaing mai and back for 500 baht?

what is your time worth to you?

How much extra would a hotel room cost? 

I personally think you are just squealing for the sake of it.

If the 500 baht were a realy issue you would not be on about spending sgnificantly more.

Edited by n00dle

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

I take taxis everywhere else, why would taking a taxi to immigration be any more of a burden?

Other considerstions are:

How are you going to get to chaing mai and back for 500 baht?

what is your time worth to you?

How much extra would a hotel room cost? 

I personally think you are just squealing for the sake of it.

If the 500 baht were a realy issue you would not be on about spending sgnificantly more.

Try to read before replying. Doing it at MTT would take several journeys so not 500 baht. You may love taking the taxi through miserable parts of Bangkok but I'd rather fly and have a pleasant evening in a more scenic part of the country. 

11 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Well, if you take taxis...of course. Public transport to MTT is cheaper, but takes twice as longer so you have to leave earlier if you use it.

Edited by audaciousnomad

12 hours ago, eppic said:

Perhaps not technically required, but be prepared for some Gestapo interrogation techniques if you don't have one.  My wife was subjected to a tedious list of questions (repeated over and over) as to why no embassy letter, why didn't leave, requested proof of flights being canceled, proof of inability to leave, etc.  In the end the IO relented and gave the under consideration stamp, but it definitely looked like a denial was coming prior to that point.  Just be mentally prepared with answers to the inquisition you may (or may not) get, depending on the specific officer, and try to remain calm.

She had to sign two additional forms: (1) the Covid extension form with first two boxes pre-checked by the staff outside; and (2) an acknowledgement of T&C's form that they refused to explain the meaning of (just sign please!).

Enjoy!

That's unfortunate they subject a person to that interrogation.  At which office did they experience this?

18 hours ago, Finlaco said:

@edwardandtubs

It's from the carpark beside Mor Chit BTS station.  Takes around 40mins.  If u don't speak basic Thai get a friend to write if for u in Thai.  Every 10 mins or so.  Final stop is 1km from Immigration.  

90 baht taxi to BTS Wat Sri is also a good option although due to the traffic congestion takes over 30 minutes.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Hi,
My retirement 1 year extension expired on 17th Oct. Long story as to why I let it expire.
My question is, under the current amnesty law am I still eligible to apply  for a 60 day extension? I will be applying at MTT.
I know under normal circumstances it would be out of the question but with amnesty maybe?
Many thanks.

10 hours ago, bkkmicky said:

My question is, under the current amnesty law am I still eligible to apply  for a 60 day extension? I will be applying at MTT.

The 60 day extension is available for any visa entry or extension of stay that has expired.

Hi,

Many thanks ubonjoe.

Just to let you know, went to MTT yesterday. My request for a 60 da extension (or any extension) was rejected out of hand.was referred back to CW.
Went to CW, same result. Even though all my paper work was in order.
Was told to leave the country and start again.
The borders are closed! What can I do?
Can I appeal? If so how?
Many thanks.

9 hours ago, bkkmicky said:

Just to let you know, went to MTT yesterday. My request for a 60 da extension (or any extension) was rejected out of hand.was referred back to CW.
Went to CW, same result.

No sure why they sent you to CW unless you were trying to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child.

MTT has been doing he new 60 day extension.

Perhaps best to go back tomorrow when it is a normal working day but be sure you make an appointment for MTT.

As far as I know the 60 day extension is not restricted to only visa exempt or tourist visa entries. I can be applied for with any permit to stay.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No sure why they sent you to CW unless you were trying to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child.

Perhaps best to go back tomorrow when it is a normal working day but be sure you make an appointment for MTT.

As far as I know the 60 day extension is not restricted to only visa exempt or tourist visa entries. I can be applied for with any permit to stay.

Do you have  any more  information  on what  visa types  can  apply  for this 60 day  extension  please? 

13 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Do you have  any more  information  on what  visa types  can  apply  for this 60 day  extension  please? 

This is my reply in another topic where you asked the same question.

"As far a I know it is for all categories of entries or existing extensions."

On 11/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

@ubonjoe As far as you know, can I apply for the 60 day extension in Phuket? I'm now in Phuket. Got extended to Nov 30 at MTT previously on visa exempt entry.

8 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

As far as you know, can I apply for the 60 day extension in Phuket? I'm now in Phuket. Got extended to Nov 30 at MTT previously on visa exempt entry.

Yes if you have address for Phuket to use for the application and a TM30 report done for there.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes if you have address for Phuket to use for the application and a TM30 report done for there.

what about with a hotel/hostel address? 

15 hours ago, Fibonaqi said:

@ubonjoe As far as you know, can I apply for the 60 day extension in Phuket? I'm now in Phuket. Got extended to Nov 30 at MTT previously on visa exempt entry.

the same situation like you, i got extended one time to Nov 30 at MTT last month, the question is ..........

is it possible now i can apply the new 60 days with my tourist visa again?

just tell everyone actually you can take a bus from Victory Monument to MTT outlet (but you need to walk a bit after get off) : 22 bahts only

Edited by hibyebkk

On 11/4/2020 at 4:39 AM, hibyebkk said:

what about with a hotel/hostel address? 

the same situation like you, i got extended one time to Nov 30 at MTT last month, the question is ..........

is it possible now i can apply the new 60 days with my tourist visa again?

I am wondering the same thing. We got our extension with embassy letter at MTT until 30.November and we are now in Phuket? What is the process to apply for this new 60 day extension? Has anyone done it?

On 10/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, Finlaco said:

Hi

I made a booking online at http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Attended MTT today (Counter K) and took about 2.5 hrs (under staffed) to process my application for the 60-day extension (based on a visa exempt entry).  Passport stamped with under-consideration please return Nov 9.

Copy of PP detail page, TM card, and relevant stamps since coming in on the visa exempt.  Three additional forms to complete and sign.....฿1,900.

I was told I need to make another booking on line for Nov 9

Did you need an embassy letter?

6 hours ago, Salami Sam said:

Did you need an embassy letter?

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

He completed a affidavit that immigration gave him to select the reason he needed the extension.

I have posted on this before, but let me repeat myself.  We went to MTT in October for my wife (VE entry) and were provided the Covid form outside, the staff even pre-checked the boxes for "Embassy won't provide letter" and "unable to go to destination country."

Despite this, we were asked for (then demanded) a UK embassy letter.  Since we had none, the next line of interrogation was about why she didn't go to the UK.  We mentioned our canceled flights, but the IO demanded proof, of which we did not have (were not expecting this so not prepared).  We were questioned over and over about why no letter, why didn't leave Thailand (staying with wife & kids here was irrelevant), proof of flight cancellation, etc. [Again, we had already supplied the form indicating no access to  letter and inability to depart to covid-infested, locked down destination].  

In the end, my wife got the "under consideration" stamp, but trust me when I say it was looking unlikely for about 20 minutes of interrogation.

Bottom line, I'm sure many may fly right through, but for us (a family with 1st world passports and a small child along) it was definitely not straightforward.  If my wife needs another 60 days, next time we will use an agent to avoid the long trip, the abuse and the stress.

Edited by eppic

3 hours ago, eppic said:

I have posted on this before, but let me repeat myself.  We went to MTT in October for my wife (VE entry) and were provided the Covid form outside, the staff even pre-checked the boxes for "Embassy won't provide letter" and "unable to go to destination country."

Despite this, we were asked for (then demanded) a UK embassy letter.  Since we had none, the next line of interrogation was about why she didn't go to the UK.  We mentioned our canceled flights, but the IO demanded proof, of which we did not have (were not expecting this so not prepared).  We were questioned over and over about why no letter, why didn't leave Thailand (staying with wife & kids here was irrelevant), proof of flight cancellation, etc. [Again, we had already supplied the form indicating no access to  letter and inability to depart to covid-infested, locked down destination].  

In the end, my wife got the "under consideration" stamp, but trust me when I say it was looking unlikely for about 20 minutes of interrogation.

Bottom line, I'm sure many may fly right through, but for us (a family with 1st world passports and a small child along) it was definitely not straightforward.  If my wife needs another 60 days, next time we will use an agent to avoid the long trip, the abuse and the stress.

Thank you very much for this informative post. This is exactly my point. People on this site and others are acting like no embassy letter is required just based on their assumptions of what should happen and what other immigration offices elsewhere are doing. But they are completely ignoring people like you who actually went through the experience at the office in question and were asked for an embassy letter and in some cases rejected as well. Again, thank you for your post of what ACTUALLY happened as apposed to all the others posting what SHOULD happen based on their assumptions. 

9 hours ago, eppic said:

That was in October and since then there have been reports of the embassy letter not being asked for at MTT and other offices.

Two people i know here went to immigration to ask about the 60 day extension and there was no mention of a embassy letter being needed.