Swimming Pool Khon Kaen

Neeranam

23 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know a decent company to build a small pool?

I'd rather not deal with foreigners. 

If you want it built by Khun Thai all you need is: someone who can dig good holes. Preferably with a backhoe.

Someone who can lay good strength concrete. Someone who can lay two courses of reinforcing rods. Someone who can plaster. Someone who can lay good Kera tiles and grout them.

Someone who's good with water pipes and filters. Someone who has experience wiring up factories. 

If you draw the plan, then these others can build it for you.

I think most of the pool companies are run by foreigners.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, carlyai said:

If you want it built by Khun Thai all you need is: someone who can dig good holes. Preferably with a backhoe.

Someone who can lay good strength concrete. Someone who can lay two courses of reinforcing rods. Someone who can plaster. Someone who can lay good Kera tiles and grout them.

Someone who's good with water pipes and filters. Someone who has experience wiring up factories. 

If you draw the plan, then these others can build it for you.

I think most of the pool companies are run by foreigners.

I think you mean "khon Thai". 

I highly doubt most companies are run by foreigners. I have been contacted by a couple but there prices are ridiculous, one was 800k for a 6m pool! 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:44 AM, Neeranam said:

I think you mean "khon Thai". 

I highly doubt most companies are run by foreigners. I have been contacted by a couple but there prices are ridiculous, one was 800k for a 6m pool! 

I once read somewhere that every farang who built their own pool here started a pool company! I think it was written by a farang pool company owner! LOL!

While gathering estimates for a small Issan pool, I was shocked by the prices, all about 1/2 mil Bt! Thai and farang owners were no different. I liked 1 Thai guy and met with him 3 times. In the end he withdrew after I questioned the line item of a huge amount of steel; I mean it was almost 200,000 Baht! (I paid him for his troubles, fuel money. No good in burning bridges.)

I will be building my own pool. My pvc is roughed in. (Stopped for the rainy season, but ready to get going again.) I have met a few contractors on local job sites that I have visited.

There are a few posters who have done likewise here and posted online and are willing to discuss the highs and lows.

I’ll let you know when I’m ready to start my pool company! Ha!

Be sure to check out www.swimmingpoolsthailand.com No connection to them other than ordering supplies.

• Thanks 1

I had a pool designed and built by JD Pool Bangkok Office. For the past several years it is properly maintained by Paul Bodkin of Ignite Pools. He and his team are experienced professionals. 

https://www.buriramhome.com/buriram-swimming-pool/

Had I met with Paul Bodkin in 2008, my swimming pool would be a more interesting design. I will caution any expat planning to build a pool in Isaan. The local home builders and self described swimming pool contractors often buy the cheapest pumps, cheapest lights, lightest steel, wrong KCI concrete, and horrible cheap pool tile. Then they try to skip buying proper tile adhesive and even try to skip using swimming pool tile grout. The plumbers of Ruangsangthai then go see nightmare installations which have failed. Cheap timers, worse valves, it goes on and on. I am not pitching any particular pool builder on Thai VIsa, but I URGE anyone to go and meet face to face in person at the home of at least two customers on any builders list of recommendations. I see so called pool builders from Pattaya come and not really have a clue in Buriram on what to order.  I work in a store which sells millions of baht each month in Pool equipment and pool chemicals. It is often no surprise who needs bottles of chemicals when pool water quality fails. There are several on line sites which do a good job of suggesting equipment and chemicals at fair prices. Getting the pipework correct and electrics safe seems to be too high of a bar for so many so called "builders'.  When people ask me in person who I recommend to build a swimming pool I have Ignite pool, and tow other Thai pool builders cards to give them. I URGE those expats to go in person to the building sites and to at least two homes of satisfied customers. People will not "shill" for a bad pool builder. 

• Like 1