'It'll be carnage': British companies dread a Brexit border breakdown

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"Customs brokers say the cost of paperwork could exceed the cost of moving small consignments. Completing a typical export declaration can require more than 50 pieces of information on transport, commodity codes and value."

Back to the bad old days.

I used to sell capital equipment before the single market came into being and for a small item freight forwarding charges could exceed the cost of the goods. I learned to do the paperwork myself to reduce costs and around 1980 I took 6 small orthopedic ovens in the back of a car down to Brive near the Spanish border. Customs inspection is a different ballgame for unusual equipment and leaving the customs union will be a step back in time.

Yes, but you didn't have a blue passport then, did you!

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You have not gone anywhere near proving your point as you still cannot say what your 'event' was, let alone when and where it occurred.

If anything you say is remotely true then a person of your ego and arrogance could not help themselves; you'd have to rub my face in it by not just saying what the 'event' was but providing the 'ample evidence' to this board that you claim to have provided to 'interested parties.'

That all you can do is repeat your nonsense, and are now throwing in the US ambassador and the White House, means that your fantasies have moved beyond the amusing into an area of concern about your mental state. Seek psychiatric help; now.

Having been 'hoisted by your own petard' I'll respond only insofar as to point out the irony in the fact that Brookwood(!) has long since closed....

+

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vogie said:

It was meant to be humour Mavideol.????

didn't get it, funny sense of humor Vogie.... reminds me of somebody from the other side of the Atlantic that said for people to inject themselves with disinfectant, when faced with the truth he also claimed being joking 555

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

didn't get it, funny sense of humor Vogie.... reminds me of somebody from the other side of the Atlantic that said for people to inject themselves with disinfectant, when faced with the truth he also claimed being joking 555

You say you didn't get it Mavideol, does that imply you understand the humour now?

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Brookwood? The US ambassador?

Are you trying to say that your magnificent prediction was of an event which happens every year in May at the American military cemetery in Brookwood?

A diversionary twist 49, but after your latest ad holmium in which you declared that I should...

That all you can do is repeat your nonsense, and are now throwing in the US ambassador and the White House, means that your fantasies have moved beyond the amusing into an area of concern about your mental state. Seek psychiatric help; now.

I felt I should point out the irony in the fact that Brookwood had closed.

(If you didn't know that ever existed there's little wonder you were unable to unearth anything else in your immediate vicinity!)

Edited by evadgib

@evadgib, you brought in the US ambassador and Brookwood as 'proof' of your prediction. The only connection between them is the Memorial Day service. Of course, now that you've discovered that it's an annual event which this year, as every year, happened in May, three months at least before your prediction, you have to make up an excuse to pretend you meant something else.

I am well aware that Brookwood hospital closed; in 1994! The site is now occupied by a housing estate, a Sainsbury's and Wat Phra Dhammakaya Thai Buddhist temple.

I thought, though, that you were boasting of foreknowledge of events which were going to happen; not one which happened last May and another one 26 years ago!

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

@evadgib, you brought in the US ambassador and Brookwood as 'proof' of your prediction. The only connection between them is the Memorial Day service. Of course, now that you've discovered that it's an annual event which this year, as every year, happened in May, three months at least before your prediction, you have to make up an excuse to pretend you meant something else.

I am well aware that Brookwood hospital closed; in 1994! The site is now occupied by a housing estate, a Sainsbury's and Wat Phra Dhammakaya Thai Buddhist temple.

I thought, though, that you were boasting of foreknowledge of events which were going to happen; not one which happened last May and another one 26 years ago!

The event you missed was in AUGUST & a few miles away 49

Keep going (⛏️). Lets have a full MEXE shelter :giggle:

23 hours ago, evadgib said:

The event you missed was in AUGUST & a few miles away 49

Keep going (⛏️). Lets have a full MEXE shelter :giggle:

"The event I missed?"

In reality; the event which never happened.

You know there was no such event, I know there was no such event, Uncle Tom Cobley and all know there was no such event.

'Tis you who's digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself with your continued pretence of knowledge you so obviously do not have. You're the Cliff Clavin of this board.

The last word on this, for now, is yours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

My last word was two months ago; I stepped away when my point had been proven. Since then you have pursued me across multiple boards like a Crufts champion at an arrse sniffing contest & you're still in denial as to your own pomposity & underestimating the intelligence of others. Had you been a 'normal' poster I may well have told you what you had missed.

+

He'll sniff out the answer, someday.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

EU PANIC: Von der Leyen running out of options as Boris IGNORES Brexit legal threat

BRUSSELS has ramped up its legal action against Britain after Boris Johnson refused to respond to the EU's threat to sue.https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1355514/Brexit-news-Boris-Johnson-ignores-EU-legal-action-letter-latest-ECJ-internal-market-bill

• Like 1