Jump to content

60 day extensions : announcement from Immigration FB


Recommended Posts

Just returned from CW and it appears to be the usual disconnect between Immigration head office and the branches.

 

They required the following:

1. TM7

2. STM2 & the Overstay Penalty Acknowledgement Form

3. The new form where you tick the reason why you want the Extension (No idea why this one was required as I had an Embassy letter)

4. A form that appeared to be a Guarantee from a Thai person you were living at the address you stated on the TM7 (the TM30 record on their system was ignored)

  - This was a weird one, my wife signed off on this as the owner even though the officer sighted the actual owners ID and bluebook, obviously two different people.

    My wife just rolled her eyes and said Thailand.

 

5. A copy of the Bluebook

6. The embassy letter (glanced at only)

 

Cost: 1900 Baht

 

We asked twice does the extension start from November 1st as shown here?  we showed her the Facebook page.

She kind of mumbled yes, but then stamped me until November 11 (under consideration) and upon my return and approval I will get another 45 days.

 

The ridiculous need for triple checking and the need to return for the final stamp aside. i"m glad it's done.

Efficient they are not...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.facebook.com/ImmigrationBereau/posts/203250077987437  

When has Jomtien ever done things correctly. Just one example. Requirement for extension retirement to return after 90 days to show 800k still in bank. One of a couple of offices to do this out o

go to the post for "information regarding 60 day extensions" on Oct 21 and you will see that at Khon Kaen they are changing the until date stamp from Nov 25 to Dec 30 for any 60 day extension that was

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, tygerstar said:

I've heard of someone being refused the 60-day extension by Chiang Mai Immigration and told to leave the country ASAP. But not too clear about this guy's history; he seems to have been on a couple of visa runs and been staying in Thailand for six months or so before the lockdown in March. Now I'm worried as I'm supposed to go to Chiang Mai Immigration for my 60-day extension tomorrow. I arrived here a few days before the lockdown in March on a 30-day visa exempt and have been on amnesty since then. Might they deny me the extension?

Was this bar stool brigade chatter that you heard, or a confirmed report? It would be highly unusual as the extensions are processed and granted by BKK, that's why a 2 week 'under consideration' stamp is issued.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Just returned from CW and it appears to be the usual disconnect between Immigration head office and the branches.

 

They required the following:

1. TM7

2. STM2 & the Overstay Penalty Acknowledgement Form

3. The new form where you tick the reason why you want the Extension (No idea why this one was required as I had an Embassy letter)

4. A form that appeared to be a Guarantee from a Thai person you were living at the address you stated on the TM7 (the TM30 record on their system was ignored)

  - This was a weird one, my wife signed off on this as the owner even though the officer sighted the actual owners ID and bluebook, obviously two different people.

    My wife just rolled her eyes and said Thailand.

 

5. A copy of the Bluebook

6. The embassy letter (glanced at only)

 

Cost: 1900 Baht

 

We asked twice does the extension start from November 1st as shown here?  we showed her the Facebook page.

She kind of mumbled yes, but then stamped me until November 11 (under consideration) and upon my return and approval I will get another 45 days.

 

The ridiculous need for triple checking and the need to return for the final stamp aside. i"m glad it's done.

Efficient they are not...

 

 

Why was i charged 3,900 baht in Ubon? Starting to think something is wrong!!!

How do you have an embassy letter? I thought all embassies stopped issuing letters when the last announcement from immigration came out.

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 5:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing official about it. But there was a report yesterday that it was only 1900 baht in Bangkok. 

The 3900 baht has mostly been mentioned by offices in the Northeast of the country.

I am just back from Kap Choeng immigration in Surin.

 

1900 Baht, and they didn't even wanted my application. In and out in 20 minutes with under consideration stamp.

Edited by drjden
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Just returned from CW and it appears to be the usual disconnect between Immigration head office and the branches.

 

They required the following:

1. TM7

2. STM2 & the Overstay Penalty Acknowledgement Form

3. The new form where you tick the reason why you want the Extension (No idea why this one was required as I had an Embassy letter)

4. A form that appeared to be a Guarantee from a Thai person you were living at the address you stated on the TM7 (the TM30 record on their system was ignored)

  - This was a weird one, my wife signed off on this as the owner even though the officer sighted the actual owners ID and bluebook, obviously two different people.

    My wife just rolled her eyes and said Thailand.

 

5. A copy of the Bluebook

6. The embassy letter (glanced at only)

 

Cost: 1900 Baht

 

We asked twice does the extension start from November 1st as shown here?  we showed her the Facebook page.

She kind of mumbled yes, but then stamped me until November 11 (under consideration) and upon my return and approval I will get another 45 days.

 

The ridiculous need for triple checking and the need to return for the final stamp aside. i"m glad it's done.

Efficient they are not...

 

 

I didn't require any of those documents at MTT once my TM30 was in order. I did have to fill in a few forms but wasn't required to bring in any other documents except the usual passport photocopies.

Edited by edwardandtubs
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Was this bar stool brigade chatter that you heard, or a confirmed report? It would be highly unusual as the extensions are processed and granted by BKK, that's why a 2 week 'under consideration' stamp is issued.

This happened to an acquaintance of mine. Chiang Mai Immigration unequivocally told him today, no embassy letter, no extension.

Edited by tygerstar
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tygerstar said:

This happened to an acquaintance of mine. Chiang Mai Immigration unequivocally told him, no embassy letter, no extension.

Your friend needs to go back to immigration, the form specifically notes that an embassy letter is not required. Embassies are not issuing letters anymore so i don't know how they were supposed to get a letter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I didn't require any of those documents at MTT once my TM30 was in order. I did have to fill in a few forms but wasn't required to bring in any other documents except the usual passport photocopies.

We were originally told to go to MTT by the Immigration Bureau, we spent 4 hours there only to be told no we had to go to CW, this was on the Friday before the Amnesty ended at 4pm.

Edited by fondue zoo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Why was i charged 3,900 baht in Ubon? Starting to think something is wrong!!!

How do you have an embassy letter? I thought all embassies stopped issuing letters when the last announcement from immigration came out.

Probably 2000THB in their own pocket.

What does the receipt which you should have received say?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Why was i charged 3,900 baht in Ubon? Starting to think something is wrong!!!

How do you have an embassy letter? I thought all embassies stopped issuing letters when the last announcement from immigration came out.

My letter was issued during the last couple of days in September, the embassy didn't date it.

We rang CW before we visited, we were told that all we would  need is the TM7, passport, 1900 baht for 60 days ending December 31st. The only part that was correct was the 1900 baht, luckily we took everything with us as we do most times. I can only describe what 2 out of 3 officers are doing when we are there as "busy work".

 

They couldn't, or wouldn't , tell us if this was to be a repeatable extension.

 

 

Edited by fondue zoo
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Why was i charged 3,900 baht in Ubon? Starting to think something is wrong!!!

Other offices in the Isaan have said 3,900 baht as well. I think they may of been given incorrect info from division 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents will apply on Monday (just in case of new amnesty weekend news like last time, saved them 2 days of hassle and 6k cash).

 

If apply on Monday, they will not overstay (since amnesty ends on weekend), correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sallecc said:

If apply on Monday, they will not overstay (since amnesty ends on weekend), correct?

That is correct.

There will not be another amnesty this time IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Other offices in the Isaan have said 3,900 baht as well. I think they may of been given incorrect info from division 4.

Any suggestions as to what I should do? I've now seen many other offices giving the extra 30 days to tourists/visit thai wife who applied prior to the 26th of sept, and other offices charging only 1,900 baht for the 60 days. Seems like division 4 is getting everything wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

For the excess fee it may be a matter of wait and see when you return to the office again.

The extra days is another thing that is not really clear in the immigration notice for them. Probably not much you can do about it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...