First time non-O extension (retirement): What's required?

Any tips and tricks appreciated. Will go next week to CW for my first 12-month extension to my Non-O (retirement) visa. It's NOT an O-A, but an O, as I obtained it in-country. Anything to watch out for? Is there a list of requirements somewhere? I think the earliest I can apply is 1 month before the 90-day expiry, right? And is the 12-month date given from the date of application or the date of the 90 days after first getting it in September?

Thanks!

You can apply up to 45 days prior to expiry of committed until date. 

Make sure you use the appointment system.

As for great detailed advice just Google for info from thaivisa. Don't use thaivisa search. It's rubbish.

Just Google stuff like.

"Appointment for retirement extension CW thaivisa"

"Requirements for annual extension retirement Chaengwattana".

Etc etc. You will have very recent threads. 

Couple of recent excellent ones.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can apply up to 45 days prior to expiry of committed until date. 

Make sure you use the appointment system.

As for great detailed advice just Google for info from thaivisa. Don't use thaivisa search. It's rubbish.

Just Google stuff like.

"Appointment for retirement extension CW thaivisa"

"Requirements for annual extension retirement Chaengwattana".

Etc etc. You will have very recent threads. 

Couple of recent excellent ones.

Thanks Dr Jack. You're right that the internal search engine didn't find it. I used google as well, but missed that post, which I actually have seen before. In any case, it's good to find out the latest pedantry of the IO.

Interesting, and what about the 800k money seasoning, should we show the dough on application day or could it be postponed to the day of expiry ? 

I am getting ready for my 2nd One-year extension renewal and not so sure if the money got to be in the bank for 2 or 3 months (are they counting in days or months actually)?

Unexpected delay in money transfer will make me late by about 1 week if I should comply with the 3 months time frame. Big drama forecast ?

Edited by GMajor
typo

10 minutes ago, GMajor said:

I am getting ready for my 2nd One-year extension renewal and not so sure if the money got to be in the bank for 2 or 3 months (are the counting in days or months actually)?

It has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension. The rules state months not days.

You can apply for an extension up to the day your extension ends if needed to meet the 2 months requirement.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension. The rules state months not days.

You can apply for an extension up to the day your extension ends if needed to meet the 2 months requirement.

Straight to the point, I like it like that !

20 minutes ago, GMajor said:

I am getting ready for my 2nd One-year extension renewal and not so sure if the money got to be in the bank for 2 or 3 months (are the counting in days or months actually)?

Which immigration office? As I understand it there are couple of crazy offices still insist on 3 months. They are wrong but nonetheless.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GMajor said:

Jomtien

Good: Jomtien is 2 months seasoning prior to application.

Bad: They are one very few rogue offices that require you to return to imm office 3 months post application to show bankbook that you maintained the 800k.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good: Jomtien is 2 months seasoning prior to application.

Bad: They are one very few rogue offices that require you to return to imm office 3 months post application to show bankbook that you maintained the 800k.

Luckily, not an issue for me...yet ????