Motorbikes.

Kwasaki

11 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Hogwash

I have a Thai friend who helps me and his main work is on small bikes & scoots.

He worked raced a CB400SF in Pattaya years ago.

He will work on my bike if I supply the parts because it's a DOHC or some say twin-cam engine much the same just bigger c.c. 

I do all the work on my own bike but his there to help when I need it.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think few bikes are clearly in only one category and basically are only useful for what that category stands for.

I.e. a proper dirt bike is not suitable for paved roads. And a real sports bike is good for racing but not much more.

It seems to me many people buy the bikes according to how they look. And it seems many riders, including on TV, don't think much about how they intend to use their bikes. We have here relative often questions like: What is better, bike A or bike B. For me the answer is almost always the same. It depends. It depends on how you want to use it.

And to be fair. I also have that Kawasaki 250cc 4-cylinder bike with 17,000RPM on my mind. Will it be fun? I am sure about that. Is it a good choice for shopping around the corner or a long trip together with the gf? Not so much...

Yes sure, but theoretically any bike can be used for touring if it's street legal and have a plate, right?

Ultimately a motorbike was made to transport a person + passenger (if needed) from A to B.

Some people get a big BMW adventure bike just because they do 1 touring trip a year and then they only uses it on good roads, 555.

It is off-course up to them but I think it's overkill.

A few hardcore bikers will do a long trip on almost any bike, I am not hardcore anymore, too old, 555.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes sure, but theoretically any bike can be used for touring if it's street legal and have a plate, right?

Ultimately a motorbike was made to transport a person + passenger (if needed) from A to B.

Some people get a big BMW adventure bike just because they do 1 touring trip a year and then they only uses it on good roads, 555.

It is off-course up to them but I think it's overkill.

A few hardcore bikers will do a long trip on almost any bike, I am not hardcore anymore, too old, 555.

Sure, theoretically.

But... All the bikes (dirt, sport, naked) had no space to put anything. Maybe an envelope or a CD but that's about it.

If people go touring they need some storage space and I think it's a good idea to think about that before they buy a bike.

I see from time to time nice bikes with a huge storage box overhanding the rear. Ugly! And I am sure that box, especially if it is full, will badly influence the center of gravity and handling.

epCwLVK.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I have had conversations in Thailand with many people who have bikes, Thai and farangies who like their bikes but don't know the catergory of their bike. 

Just wondering out of interest about bike owners here on TV do they know or couldn't care what catergory it is.

Papa is clueless RE bike categories.

Kindly list.

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Kawa's categories, according to their European website are:

Hypersport

Supersport

Sport

Supernaked

Sport Tourer

Adventure Tourer

Modern Classic

Classic

Urban Cruiser

Scooter

-Where do dirt bikes fit in?

-How about 2008 CBR150?

Just now, papa al said:

That makes sense.

Wait, no it doesn't.

What sport would be there?

Touring bike maybe.

GP, general purpose.

It's a CBR title bike so category is sportsbike. 

A CBR600RR is a supersport bike. 

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, theoretically.

But... All the bikes (dirt, sport, naked) had no space to put anything. Maybe an envelope or a CD but that's about it.

If people go touring they need some storage space.

epCwLVK.jpg

A small bag on the back is all ya need strapped on with a bungie.

6 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Kawa's categories, according to their European website are:

Hypersport

Supersport

Sport

Supernaked

Sport Tourer

Adventure Tourer

Modern Classic

Classic

Urban Cruiser

That's fair but where's Superbike ? 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Small semi off road touring bike.

Yep.  Not as good as a CRF off road but better on road. Turbine smooth and vibration fee. Upright seating not hunched over with all weight on my arms.

Happy at 130 which is faster than almost all traffic and faster than i will probably go. Good enough for me. I don't need more.  I'm not going really off-road. If it is not on a map or visible on Google Earth I won't be going there. Good enough on twisty mountain roads where I can play with the gearbox. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Yep.  Not as good as a CRF off road but better on road. Turbine smooth and vibration fee. Upright seating not hunched over with all weight on my arms.

Happy at 130 which is faster than almost all traffic and faster than i will probably go. Good enough for me. I don't need more.  I'm not going really off-road. If it is not on a map or visible on Google Earth I won't be going there. Good enough on twisty mountain roads where I can play with the gearbox. 

That's a cool reply. 

I have always loved Kwakas hence my TV name. 

Honda though has my respect when it comes to history.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, theoretically.

If people go touring they need some storage space and I think it's a good idea to think about that before they buy a bike.

I see from time to time nice bikes with a huge storage box overhanding the rear. Ugly! And I am sure that box, especially if it is full, will badly influence the center of gravity and handling.

I too hate the large top boxes - but they do offer a necessary degree of practicality unless we are riding around on a Honda NC750x (which has storage where the gas tank usually is).

I have compromised and secured a collapsable semi-soft back to the rear rack on my bike. 

Its 3” thick when flattened, and 20 litres when opened which is enough for shopping nick-nacks etc.

• Like 2