Phuket Immigration office closed on visa amnesty deadline

snoop1130

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think they are fed up to work extra hours to complete applications just to learn afterwards that another extension of "amnesty" is granted by the government like last time and those betting on it were the winners laughing at foreigners having queued for hours.

Please don't tell them that the expats that remain in LOS are boosting the economy, even the ones that are locked out have to pay their bills , however STV sounds like a transmitted disease

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Last time there was a deadline on the 26/9/2020 all over the Thai websites ,immigration ,etc 

You must renew your visa before the 26/9/2020 or face the consequences, harrowing stuff.

i had to renew my visa before the deadline i was going home but unforeseen circumstances,I had too stay beyond he deadline ,the British embassy were not giving out letters to which had too give too the immigration,

so I paid for a medical visa 20,000 baht ,for two months ,a lot of falangs wanted too stay in thailand because of the COVID-19 in there countries , but could not renew or they did not have time to renew there visa ,I no they had plenty of time before, but some ,were making last minute decisions, so they went home making Pattaya where I was staying even more desolate than it was before most of them were English spending money now they were gone,

And then on the 29/9/2020 then the Thai Government decided too Renew the Amensty until the end of October 31/10/2020

<deleted> did they not announce this before the original deadline 26/9/2020 , it would of saved 20,000 baht ,and they would have few beer swigging English paying falangs who actually spend money in thailand even though I get the feeling they hate the English 

the Stupid Mo,ther fuc... they are 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Phuket Immigration offices will not be open on Saturday to process any last-minute applications

...as the immigration officers will be too busy on the streets busting overstays.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Frustrating for stranded tourists, exausting for immigration clerical staff. All because the hi-so muppet military government wanted to flex their muscles and couldn't come up with a realistic amnesty dedline. Bad for tourism, bad for business, bad for everyone. 

Granted some other regional governments have done the same thing...flip-flopped or extended their amnesties on their dates of expiration. Vietnam did this on June 30 (extended one month on the last day) and Indonesia announced a deadline for tourists to get out, only to extend it by one more month in the last minute. So I think incompetence and/or expecting miracles of generosity from 3rd world Asian governments shouldn't be expected. 

7 hours ago, James HKT said:

I don’t blame them. They don’t normally open Saturdays so why should they open this one. 

In which case, why have a Visa deadline on a day when they are closed?

The deadline should have been on 30 October

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatman95 said:

Last time there was a deadline on the 26/9/2020 all over the Thai websites ,immigration ,etc 

You must renew your visa before the 26/9/2020 or face the consequences, harrowing stuff.

i had to renew my visa before the deadline i was going home but unforeseen circumstances,I had too stay beyond he deadline ,the British embassy were not giving out letters to which had too give too the immigration,

so I paid for a medical visa 20,000 baht ,for two months ,a lot of falangs wanted too stay in thailand because of the COVID-19 in there countries , but could not renew or they did not have time to renew there visa ,I no they had plenty of time before, but some ,were making last minute decisions, so they went home making Pattaya where I was staying even more desolate than it was before most of them were English spending money now they were gone,

And then on the 29/9/2020 then the Thai Government decided too Renew the Amensty until the end of October 31/10/2020

<deleted> did they not announce this before the original deadline 26/9/2020 , it would of saved 20,000 baht ,and they would have few beer swigging English paying falangs who actually spend money in thailand even though I get the feeling they hate the English 

the Stupid Mo,ther fuc... they are 

Why don't you blame your Country i.e. Embassy for this, they were not giving the so called letter to avoid you from going back....

1 hour ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Granted some other regional governments have done the same thing...flip-flopped or extended their amnesties on their dates of expiration. Vietnam did this on June 30 (extended one month on the last day) and Indonesia announced a deadline for tourists to get out, only to extend it by one more month in the last minute. So I think incompetence and/or expecting miracles of generosity from 3rd world Asian governments shouldn't be expected. 

I think it has nothing to do with 3rd world-county or not, if you look at for instance Europe. More and more severe curfews and even lock-downs, so..........

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think they are fed up to work extra hours to complete applications just to learn afterwards that another extension of "amnesty" is granted by the government like last time and those betting on it were the winners laughing at foreigners having queued for hours.

But isn't November a visa amnesty month up to the 30 th . Haven't had my October 30 day extension confirmed  yet . Immigration must be very busy at CW.