Phuket Immigration office closed on visa amnesty deadline

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Freigeist365 said:

Given the headline, I was prepared to file a rant, but then realised it's a Saturday... Thus, anyone missing that deadline by dreaming they'd be open on weekends have no one to blame but themselves.

Blame is not my game. It's a personal decision and I leave it at that.

5 hours ago, Tatman95 said:

Last time there was a deadline on the 26/9/2020 all over the Thai websites ,immigration ,etc 

You must renew your visa before the 26/9/2020 or face the consequences, harrowing stuff.

i had to renew my visa before the deadline i was going home but unforeseen circumstances,I had too stay beyond he deadline ,the British embassy were not giving out letters to which had too give too the immigration,

so I paid for a medical visa 20,000 baht ,for two months ,a lot of falangs wanted too stay in thailand because of the COVID-19 in there countries , but could not renew or they did not have time to renew there visa ,I no they had plenty of time before, but some ,were making last minute decisions, so they went home making Pattaya where I was staying even more desolate than it was before most of them were English spending money now they were gone,

And then on the 29/9/2020 then the Thai Government decided too Renew the Amensty until the end of October 31/10/2020

<deleted> did they not announce this before the original deadline 26/9/2020 , it would of saved 20,000 baht ,and they would have few beer swigging English paying falangs who actually spend money in thailand even though I get the feeling they hate the English 

the Stupid Mo,ther fuc... they are 

I should imagine they think highly of you as well!

7 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

I think it has nothing to do with 3rd world-county or not, if you look at for instance Europe. More and more severe curfews and even lock-downs, so..........

Yes but 3rd world countries are notorious at being badly run and poor decision making. 

I realize that Europe is becoming more severe in terms of curfews and lockdowns...in some cases more so than the first time round. One difference though is that they haven't closed all their borders again...though some have introduced new quarantines that didn't apply in earlier days. 

22 hours ago, overherebc said:

I would like to see the exact number of 'real stranded tourists'.

My point exactly as per my previous post now we are 9 months into this, there is zero need for anyone to be stranded, the border is open for exit. I would put good money on it being almost zero. It's a band waggon that the visa run crew have jumped on.

I'm not knocking them I would have done the same myself if I was having to run that gauntlet all the time.

• 4 weeks later...