Jump to content

Can't thai people still apply for holiday visa to UK , during this Corona crisis Oct 2020


Recommended Posts

I have a very good type friend who was like to visit me in the UK very soon for approximately 1 or 2 months they are not working at the moment due to corona virus they have money in the bank approximately over half of a million but they have family and house to return to,    I am unemployed at the moment also due to the virus but I have money in the bank more than enough to show ,      my disability premium amount to about 1000 UK pounds per month  which is showing on my bank statement

 

 

thank you in advance for any information.      PS......maybe Brian G can have an input I know he's watching these threads

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Thai people can apply to visit the at the moment, there was a short time earlier in the year when applications wre not being accepted, but that's long since passed, even then Thais could still travel to the UK if they already had a visa.

 

Your friend is probably aware that returning home to Thailand involves jumping through some hoops, and quarantine on return, but many are also doing that.

 

Do you think it's really wise to travel at the moment though, given the current restrictions in the UK?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, Thai people can apply to visit the at the moment, there was a short time earlier in the year when applications wre not being accepted, but that's long since passed, even then Thais could still travel to the UK if they already had a visa.

 

Your friend is probably aware that returning home to Thailand involves jumping through some hoops, and quarantine on return, but many are also doing that.

 

Do you think it's really wise to travel at the moment though, given the current restrictions in the UK?

thank you for your advice I want her to come during Christmas for approximately 2 months there will be lots for us to do,      if she is allowed to come on a holiday visa this will be just a stepping stone for the next step next year when I start work hopefully and get a more permanent visa.

 

Just wondering will my disability and my benefits stop anything or is it all down to her part what she can provide

as stated we both have money and I still have 1000 UK pounds per month coming in income

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

thank you for your advice I want her to come during Christmas for approximately 2 months there will be lots for us to do,      if she is allowed to come on a holiday visa this will be just a stepping stone for the next step next year when I start work hopefully and get a more permanent visa.

 

Just wondering will my disability and my benefits stop anything or is it all down to her part what she can provide

as stated we both have money and I still have 1000 UK pounds per month coming in income

 

 

You say you want her to visit for two months, is that what she wants?
 

If by a more permanent visa you're meaning a visa to settle in the UK, there's no "stepping stone", if she's refused a visit visa, she could still qualify for a Settlement Visa if all the qualifications are met.

 

As per finances, it's up to her to prove her proposed trip is genuine and affordable, if you're intending to finance the trip then you must show you have the means to do so, whilst having sufficient to live on. If she's paying for her trip then she must provide evidence of her ability to do so.

 

Where do you live, a lot of the UK is under Covid restrictions, two months is a long time for a visit under those conditions, I suspect the decision maker will take that into consideration.

 

You're probably aware, but it's worth repeating, it's her that needs to satisfy the ECO of her ties to her home country and that she's factored in the current hoops to jump through to be able to return.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just concerned in case she got knocked back it would ruin her for future applications 

 

would it or would it not thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nomad2019 said:

I'm just concerned in case she got knocked back it would ruin her for future applications 

would it or would it not thanks in advance

 

Each application is considered on its own merits, so a refusal wouldn't automatically result in a furture application being refused, unless the decision maker could prove that the first application contained misleading information or that the applicant set out to deceive.

Of course the applicant would need to address the reasons for refusal in any subsequent application.
As I mentioned yesterday the burden of proof differs according the the type of visa.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...