Jomtien Nov 30th Stamp... anyone gotten it yet?

Has anyone who applied for the 30-day covid extension before Set 26th gotten the correct Nov 30th stamp from Jomtien yet? I know they were telling everyone who went back on their "consideration" date (and back the next day) to come back on Oct 30th or 29th to get a Nov 30th stamp. But I've wondering if anyone has tried to go back early to avoid the massive overflow they are going to create later this week. Or is anyone planning to go Tues/Wed?

Also, is it possible to get an extension approved by a different office than the one where you applied? 

They have told some people to return on November 2nd. Your under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved.

You have to get the approval done at the office that gave you the under consideration stamp.

And what if you have a "permission to stay until" stamp instead of an "under consideration" stamp, would it be possible to go to another office? I got a permission to stay stamp until 31 October and was told to come back on the 30th to get my stamp until 30 November. I am in Udon at the moment so I was wondering if I could get this stamp at Udon Immigration?

26 minutes ago, DaveDj said:

And what if you have a "permission to stay until" stamp instead of an "under consideration" stamp, would it be possible to go to another office? I got a permission to stay stamp until 31 October and was told to come back on the 30th to get my stamp until 30 November. I am in Udon at the moment so I was wondering if I could get this stamp at Udon Immigration?

It can be done at another office if a TM30 report was done and you had an local address to put on  the TM7 form.

1 hour ago, DaveDj said:

Mine is the same. I was stamped for Oct 31st and told to come back on the 30th for the mythical Nov 30 stamp. So all they did was "extend" my stay to the date of amnesty. I don't know if that is considered "under consideration" - I guess not, even though I'm still waiting for the extension. 

It sounds like they may be putting us back "under consideration," if they're telling people to come back next week. It might take another four or five trips throughout November just to stay until the 30th. And if we're put back "under consideration" for this same extension, that means we won't be able to apply for the new 60-day extension at a different IO. So if you can't get out of the Jomtien labyrinth now while you have the Oct 31st extension stamp, that might be helpful. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They have told some people to return on November 2nd. Your under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved.

You have to get the approval done at the office that gave you the under consideration stamp.

As far as I can tell, everybody who went back to Jomtien for their under consideration date got a permission to stay until Oct 31st, as DaveDJ said. So who are they telling to come back on Nov 2nd? Are they giving people with Oct 31st stamps under consideration stamps for next week? 

And the extension joke continues. Went to Udon immigration today to ask for the stamp until the end of November and the officer was formal, "can't do it here, you have to go back to Jomtien." Hooray, that's a 9 hour trip for a stamp that I should have gotten in the first place! This whole amnesty and covid 19 extension is turning into a big joke for me, spoiled a perfectly good 60 day extension to visit the wife in July because there wasn't going to be another amnesty. Then went into a battle with the Belgian embassy to get a letter throughout half of September because again, there wasn't going to be another amnesty. And the Belgian embassy was very clear, you're only going to get this letter once. Wasted an extension and an embassy letter for nothing and now it's back to Jomtien on friday for god knows what stamp they are going to give know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveDj said:

And the extension joke continues. Went to Udon immigration today to ask for the stamp until the end of November and the officer was formal, "can't do it here, you have to go back to Jomtien." Hooray, that's a 9 hour trip for a stamp that I should have gotten in the first place! This whole amnesty and covid 19 extension is turning into a big joke for me, spoiled a perfectly good 60 day extension to visit the wife in July because there wasn't going to be another amnesty. Then went into a battle with the Belgian embassy to get a letter throughout half of September because again, there wasn't going to be another amnesty. And the Belgian embassy was very clear, you're only going to get this letter once. Wasted an extension and an embassy letter for nothing and now it's back to Jomtien on friday for god knows what stamp they are going to give know. 

There will be huge lines on Thursday and Friday because they're making everyone wait until the last minute, so I assume they'll just be collecting passports and telling people to come back next week. I think the best case is we make two more trips and get the Nov 30th stamp, but they might not even give the full 30 yet.

What if you just gave up on this extension and went for the new 60-day? You'd lose the 1900 baht, but that sounds better than making a nine hour bus trip, to get 30 days at most, that might require multiple trips. I wonder if the Udon IO would let you apply for the 60-day now, any idea? It's a different visa and you're legally in Thailand, so it seems like it should be allowed, but who knows...

2 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

There will be huge lines on Thursday and Friday because they're making everyone wait until the last minute, so I assume they'll just be collecting passports and telling people to come back next week. I think the best case is we make two more trips and get the Nov 30th stamp, but they might not even give the full 30 yet.

What if you just gave up on this extension and went for the new 60-day? You'd lose the 1900 baht, but that sounds better than making a nine hour bus trip, to get 30 days at most, that might require multiple trips. I wonder if the Udon IO would let you apply for the 60-day now, any idea? It's a different visa and you're legally in Thailand, so it seems like it should be allowed, but who knows...

Nope the wife suggested that but the immigration officer stood his ground "have to go back to Jomtien, then can do 60 days extension here after". Why? Who knows. And yes it will be sheer madness again at the Jomtien office just like the football stadium disaster from a month ago. Really looking forward to it again, standing in a row like a bunch of chain gang prisoners for 5 hours, being shouted at and pushed by a couple of immigration officer volunteers.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DaveDj said:

Pattaya is quite nice at the moment unless you are a Thai out of work or a business owner. The Aiyaree around the corner from Jomtien Immigration has nice rooms and pool  for around 500b. I went there for an Immigration Office holiday.

• Like 1

I recently on the day 26 of October got my new stamp allowing me to be here until the 30 of November  after being in consideration due the fact that I extended prior the day 26 of September with an official  embassy letter. I have other friends who did the same as me and to all of them they extended recently till day 30 of November but only to the ones who already  came with an official letter for the extension and they put them in consideration. 

It’s easy <deleted> you just go there gave your passport and they will put you the new stamp with no extra pay.

Good luck mate.

1 hour ago, Mr Lukkhrueng said:

I recently on the day 26 of October got my new stamp allowing me to be here until the 30 of November  after being in consideration due the fact that I extended prior the day 26 of September with an official  embassy letter. I have other friends who did the same as me and to all of them they extended recently till day 30 of November but only to the ones who already  came with an official letter for the extension and they put them in consideration. 

It’s easy <deleted> you just go there gave your passport and they will put you the new stamp with no extra pay.

Good luck mate.

Ok, that's good to hear. I went on Oct 15th and they said to come back on Oct 30th. I thought they might start giving the Nov 30th stamps at the beginning of this week, but I didn't hear of anyone receiving it yet.

4 hours ago, trappedinasia said:

Ok, that's good to hear. I went on Oct 15th and they said to come back on Oct 30th. I thought they might start giving the Nov 30th stamps at the beginning of this week, but I didn't hear of anyone receiving it yet.

Same here, went on October 15th. But it still beats me why they couldn't stamp our passport till Nov 30th in one time. I mean it's a freaking stamp for gods sake, all they had to do was scroll till nr 30 and scroll till Nov and slab the thing in everybody's passport.

8 minutes ago, DaveDj said:

Same here, went on October 15th. But it still beats me why they couldn't stamp our passport till Nov 30th in one time. I mean it's a freaking stamp for gods sake, all they had to do was scroll till nr 30 and scroll till Nov and slab the thing in everybody's passport.

Yeah, I don't know why they're doing this. I don't see how it could benefit anyone except taxi drivers. In Sept, when they demanded proof a residency for 20 days, (plus owner's ID, maps, 3 extra copies of everything etc., none of which they actually took), I thought maybe they were trying to get people to stay in Pattaya longer, to support the hotels etc. If so, maybe they wanted to continue that plan by refusing to do the extenstion on our "consideration" date. An economic stimulus, keep us either staying in town or returning frequently, 5 or 6 or 7 trips for one 30-day extension. At least they could have given us a date sometime in November so we didn't have to go back at the same time as people on amnesty who are applying for 60-day extensions now.