When will Non-immigrant- O visa holders be able to return Thailand

Does anybody have any information on when Non-immigrant - O visa holders will be able to return to Thailand. I have a Non-immigrant - O visa for retirement with a valid  re-entry permit and am currently in England. My visa will be due its next extension in March 2021. I am a condominium owner and Thailand has been my home for many years. I have emailed the RTE in London many times and although I always get a reply back they are not able to answer the question of when I will be able to return to Thailand. I have tried calling them many times but as yet have not been successful in getting through to them. I am getting anxious about the situation and am worried about getting back to Thailand in time to extend my Non - O visa. I see that Non - O-A and Non - O-X holders are able to return but not people with the Non - O visa as yet. Is there any news on this?  What is the best advice?

• Like 2
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

O visa holders should have been allowed back before any tourists. this is just disgraceful of you Thailand.    

It wouldn't surprise me much if they use this opportunity to scrap Non-O retirement visas, and holders of such visas are never allowed back in. Like this they can force everybody to OA or OX visas, wh

NON- O /retirement was for poorer retirees so most likely it will scrapped for ever, at least for as long we are living this covid time. Look at other visa types and you see trend, They want rich

Mine expires the first week in January. Nothing I can do about it. It will be lost and i'll have to start all over again.

Stuck in the UK away from the family, and before anyone says you can get back through hoops, its little use as I have to return to the UK every 9 months for personal reasons and hoop jumping every 9 months is just financial madness. 

I've had to start visas twice from the beginning, once more next year will just have to be the third. 

As for your March date - that's gonna come and go mate I think and expire

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Piscis said:

Why would you say that? I have to show proof of 800K same as a Non OA. 

I am paying the same amount for the Visa, extensions, re-entry permits, and have to show the money did not move from my Bangkok Bank Passbook...

You did not have insurance requirement like OA has with extensions in thailand.

And with visas outside of thailand NON-O retirement was usually easier to get than NON-O-A

And some countries did not even issued those at all,,I remember some saying it was "loophole visa"  for poor retirees.🙃

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, thaitero said:

You did not have insurance requirement like OA has with extensions in thailand.

And with visas outside of thailand NON-O retirement was usually easier to get than NON-O-A

And some countries did not even issued those at all,,I remember some saying it was "loophole visa"  for poor retirees.🙃

The loophole are the visa agents putting 800.000 in a bank account for.1 day. Ask and pay bank for letter and go for visa. Agents paid a very high fee and poor retiree happy . And Thailand office the visa fee. Three people happy. Except the persons who are outside Thailand now and see their visa validation run out. FRAUDE? MISLEADING?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Mops59 said:

The loophole are the visa agents putting 800.000 in a bank account for.1 day. Ask and pay bank for letter and go for visa. Agents paid a very high fee and poor retiree happy . And Thailand office the visa fee. Three people happy. Except the persons who are outside Thailand now and see their visa validation run out. FRAUDE? MISLEADING?

Yes, These retirees also..

Most common reason to use agent is that they are poor and do not have 800 K or 65K income so they pay about 15 k annually to get extension. Now some of these retirees who only officially has met financial requirements ( but not really ) are stranded outside.

One reason more why only o-a and o-x retirees are allowed. Thais do have some logic here if you think not only me, me and my situation,,

• Sad 1