complaining

1 minute ago, starky said:

You sure your an Aussie? Never knocked around with anyone that didn't bag their missus Thai or otherwise. Its a deadset national past time. They ain't called the trouble and strife for nothing.

You like me to post my Australian certificate on here? I am a true blue Aussie   I live here for 45 years 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, starky said:

Well that went south quickly. You know someone from one post on an anonymous forum? You certainly don't have an Aussie sense of humour. No larrikin in you mate. 

I don't need Aussie sense i my post most readers are not from Australia

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

So why do farangs (most) complain about their wife's or girlfriends all the time

no matter what topic is posted. Most expats complain about their x wife's or 

Thai wife's don't you think it might be your fault some times? I was married 

for 30 years, never had any problems till I fell in love with a Thai girl. I was the

guilty part getting divorced. Now I am married for another 15 years and can't

complain about women at all. You have to take some responsibilities or blame 

for your self. And no I am not a women.

If a Mrs has to really try to scrape the bottom of the barrel each time, just to find something to be angry at about... then try not to worry - as there isn't really anything wrong with what you are doing... 

Just about every day something comes up to pop her cork... and most times it is really difficult to ascertain exactly what the 'real' problems she has uncovered this time around... 

I found by keeping a (well encrypted from being readable) diary of the wonderful things that have supposedly caused me to receive another ba bab bor explosion... 

hmmm, lets see what was yesterday?? 

- ah yes we were down at the grocers. I came back past her with the trolley, and I was really happy with the thought that I just did a good thing!!  I showed her a 600ml Mexican Cola from the shelf...

Now Mexican Cola is a very rare thing outside of Mexico, and Mrs GFs Hubby had developed a taste for Mexican Coke, especially so because Mexico still uses Sugar and Not that Corn Syrup stuff init. 

Showed it to her and remarked we should quickly message her friend about it'

Mrs was already building up the irateness scale - first up retorting I should mind my own business

But I looked up the mobile number, and started the photo sharing process

I sent the photo anyway - whilst concurrently, the Mrs was berating me that the Mexican Cola was not the same as the photo her GF had months ago sent to her(us)

I was now being berated that it was not 'Mexican Coca Cola'

My retort was that beggars can't be choosers, and that her GFs hubby was simply 'anti corn syrup' 

and I had the answer for his basic problem...

p.s.   To obtain a 'Mexican Coca Cola' 600ml would cost about $119 via ebay, including postage to Australia

geez my answer to the basic problem really seemed so straight forward to me... 

I even offered for us to go visit, and do a blindfoild test to compare whether this 'Mexican Cola' would Pass?

I knew I was flogging a dead horse by now, and let Mrs think she'd won as usual

I did buy one bottle though... 

for those not up on History..

.- Decades ago: Coca Cola formulation changed from Suger to Corn Syrup - to reduce costs

- In Mexico, the formulation was never changed over to Corn Syrup

And is a well sort after commodity

• Like 1

Mexican Coke is made with sugar. Thai Coke is made with sugar. Essentially the same. US Coke is made with bear <deleted>.

I'm from Oregon and many many restaurants have Mexican Coke on menu.... maybe half a buck more.

What really makes Coke the elixir of sodas is getting in in glass bottles.

Get a bottle of Mexican Coke and glass bottle of Thai. Do a double blind taste test.

I do wish they had authentic Dr Pepper. Wife brought some canned back from Singapore, but made in UK.

That wasn't the same.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:08 AM, Meat Pie 47 said:

So why do farangs (most) complain about their wife's or girlfriends all the time

no matter what topic is posted. Most expats complain about their x wife's or 

Thai wife's don't you think it might be your fault some times?

My former Thai wife was/is great, my current live-in Thai gf is great.

Edited by BritManToo

Yeah, because nobody "back home" ever complains about their wife (wives) or girlfriend(s), right ?

Where you are from is irrelevant. Guys who are married/in a long term relationship will almost always have something to complain about and they usually do it with other guys (misery loves company). Mutual support group.

No two people are ever going to see eye-to-eye on everything. Finding two people from two very different cultures, speaking two very different languages, from (possibly) two very different backgrounds who get along perfectly with each other all the time and never have anything to complain about ?

Your odds of winning the Thai lotto are probably better, even if you never buy a ticket.

And if you are on your 3rd/4th/5th wife, then the odds are the problem isn't with the wife/gf.

Got to find yourself the perfect girlfriend. They are a rare breed and probably won't be found in your local shophouse beer bar just down the block.

Possibly the closest thing to the perfect girlfriend. Enjoys sports, eats pizza, drinks beer, plays video games and loves running around butt naked all the time.
1738018351_Bestgirlfriendever-a.jpg.3015b8ce69334ca155339c72ed77172e.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Over the many years my wife has never given me one iota of things to complain about.....We've not agreed on some aspects of raising our girls, that's a Thai versus western outlook thing.....

We're together literally every day & any moments of strife shared has never been directed at each other....

She has one of the most positive, happy, and healthiest "I can do" attitudes of about anybody in my life.....

The best complaint I can manage is I don't like mall/dept store shopping with her, because it's 10 step shopping versus my seek & go style.....Same on vacations, it seems like 10 step camera ops, because she finds something unique to admire along the way....

Basically, I married that mythological Thai woman that many here claim is impossible to exist....But they do exist, and are out there....

She/we bring/share joy every day.....

When single, if I found someone to be difficult, for whatever reason, I didn't try to reinvent that wheel - just found a better wheel....

Are you sure you even exist though? 

A lot of content on reddit points to a lot of completely fake profiles on this site. Yours being one of them. I mean it could be really easy to prove we are different people in different places without anyone giving up anonymity.

Don't shoot the messenger.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 1:50 AM, starky said:

You sure your an Aussie? Never knocked around with anyone that didn't bag their missus Thai or otherwise. Its a deadset national past time. They ain't called the trouble and strife for nothing.

I am Dutch not complaining about the misses ever. Times that it went wrong was mutual. But guys here always seem to think its just them. Besides one would be a fool to stay with their wive / gf if there are constant problems.