Jump to content

Is my method of entry into Thailand possible?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a 29 year old US citizen, no thai wife or kids. The following is a correspondence with the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh. My cummulative experience in Thailand has been 6 months, so I'd like older, w

Adding a third country would seem to increase the degree of difficulty 10x.   Swimming might be easier?   Unless there is some urgency, maybe wait it out.    

F*** i just realized that. I guess i have to try SK instead, but they don't seem very receptive. The Cambodian embassy got right back to me. 

Posted Images

with an American passport,  a person can stay in  south Korea maximum 90 days  in  B-2 status no visa status . The mandatory  quarantine    in a government-designated facility for 14 days   . which cost around $90~$130/day.

 

I sent an email to SK  Thai embassy on [email protected]   and I am still waiting for a reply . 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sanbyran said:

with an American passport,  a person can stay in  south Korea maximum 90 days  in  B-2 status no visa status . The mandatory  quarantine    in a government-designated facility for 14 days   . which cost around $90~$130/day.

 

I sent an email to SK  Thai embassy on [email protected]   and I am still waiting for a reply . 

 

 

I also emailed them an eternity ago and never got a reply 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phillip9 said:

In other threads, a SK resident has been saying it has so far been impossible for Koreans to get a STV.

That's probably because the STV is ultimately a shell-game to get chinese investors and "business people" into the country quickly and masquerade as a "step towards reopening." STV requires residency + low-risk status so thats already out of the question for me, but a tourist visa doesn't have a residency requirement. I'm just wondering if they would even approve a regular 60 day TR visa application right now 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I'm just wondering if they would even approve a regular 60 day TR visa application right now 

It not exactly a regular tourist visa due to the much higher requirements.

It is number 13 here. https://seoul.thaiembassy.org/en/content/announcement-on-the-entry-procedures-for-non-thai?cate=5d661cd515e39c3018004936

The STV is not mentioned anywhere on their website now that I can find.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phillip9 said:

In other threads, a SK resident has been saying it has so far been impossible for Koreans to get a STV.

Not impossible as a Korean, you need quite a bit of money in the bank seasoned for 6 months.  So might be a problem for a tourist if that needs to be in a Korean bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

F*** i just realized that. I guess i have to try SK instead, but they don't seem very receptive. The Cambodian embassy got right back to me. 

You can probably get an ordinary (AKA business) visa to enter Cambodia.

You will have ti pay a $2,000 deposit and undergo 14 day quarantine there, on top of the 14 day quarantine in Thailand.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You can probably get an ordinary (AKA business) visa to enter Cambodia.

You will have ti pay a $2,000 deposit and undergo 14 day quarantine there, on top of the 14 day quarantine in Thailand.

i have serious doubts they'll issue that visa unless you have an authentic business, invitation, etc. ill look into it tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

i have serious doubts they'll issue that visa unless you have an authentic business, invitation, etc. ill look into it tho

I am looking into this as well. Trying to go somewhere from america next month. If anyone knows an agent who can help smooth things over with cambodia "business" visa please let us know an email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a resident of Cambodia, most of the comments made above show how difficult it is to enter the country at the moment with all the financial, medical insurance and 14-day quarantine requirements, unless you are diplomatic staff, VIP or business man/investor. Most importantly the LAND border with Thailand is CLOSED to travelers , being open only for the import/export of cargo in trucks. According to "Flightradar" currently there are no flights between Bangkok (BKK) and Phnom Penh other than K-Mile Air which is a cargo/charter company. Should you be lucky and enter Cambodia, having negotiated all the airport formalities and quarantine, life is more or less "old normal". There is public health advice but no mandatory health requirements. The wearing of face-masks, social distancing and body temperature readings are rare these days - it is "up to you" (in Siem Reap that is).  We go about our business as normal - busy bars, restaurants, shops, supermarkets etc. Spectators at sports events are still banned. There are no track & trace Covid-19 apps, BUT you will have to get your landlord, hotel manager etc.to register you on the FPCS app (Foreign Persons in Cambodia System) - the onus is on them, not you. Good luck.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...