More tourists! Second batch of Chinese STV tourists plus businessmen arrive in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

You know who is bringing in the faceless minions to assist with future planning to deal with protesters?  Would be interesting to sea how many have Hong Kong stamps in their passport about the time of the crackdown...but then...they may not have stamps..... 

You don't get stamps in HK. Done away with years ago. Just a tiny slip of paper 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, johnarth said:

why wasn't the PM (general) there to whey and kiss their toes? or was he getting a banquet ready for them at government house/ 

I think they prefer to visit and sponsor Chinese establishments!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

According to reports yesterday ALL  "tourists " IN or OUT of China are banned, so they're not tourists but illegal immigrants. 

group tours out, and all inbound tourism is banned.

individuals, like on the STV, are a go.

• Thanks 1

Well it’s fair to conclude these fine young communists have particularly high “ Social Credit Scores “.  Since we all have a little extra time on our hands, a good read is “The gulag Archipelago “. A little ditty Alexander Solzhenitsyn scribbled down.

Just Sayin.........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Whether they are tourists or not is irrelevant they are guinea pigs let's hope none of them develope or catch Covid whilst in Thailand. So far as when actual tourism occurs surely this will not be possible until at least 2012

I don't know what your smoking but it's damm good weed!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

You may call me cynical but somehow I believe that NONE of these Chinese arrivals are actual tourists. They ALL are coming for some sort of business. Only that would explain why they would willingly put up with 14 days quarantine.

The prospect of being able to afterwards spend up to 6 months in Thailand is NOT something that would attract a bona fide tourist. Chinese tour groups in the past typically only spent between 6 and 10 days in the country, simply because employees just don't get that much paid leave from their companies.

I don't think they're all quarantining.  Two days after the first such announcment a while back, I saw Chinese tourists in CM after having not seen them for months.  My guess is brownn envelopes.

• Sad 1

I just texted her to ask her.  My Chinese friend who arrived via the Shanghai flight is still in quarantine.  She even sent me pics of her room and a few days ago let me know which hotel she is in.  Thus, the Chinese are actually quarantining.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Showtime said:

I just texted her to ask her.  My Chinese friend who arrived via the Shanghai flight is still in quarantine.  She even sent me pics of her room and a few days ago let me know which hotel she is in.  Thus, the Chinese are actually quarantining.

One is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

I don't think they're all quarantining.  Two days after the first such announcment a while back, I saw Chinese tourists in CM after having not seen them for months.  My guess is brownn envelopes.

Or maybe they have winter condos like other foreigners. Chinese are not that different from anyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

My guess is they are quarantining.