More tourists! Second batch of Chinese STV tourists plus businessmen arrive in Bangkok

webfact

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

If they are 118 businessmen why does the headline call them tourists?

16 hours ago, webfact said:

There were 145 tourists aboard China Southern Airlines CZ 3081 from Guangzhou

16 hours ago, webfact said:

the arrivals who came with 118 businessmen and 16 repatriated Thais

8 hours ago, johnarth said:

why wasn't the PM (general) there to whey and kiss their toes? or was he getting a banquet ready for them at government house/ 

Probally busy bagging up money to buy swiss chocolates 

17 hours ago, fruitman said:

What's that?? Not in a hotel like we have to?

They will probably be living it up on the Army beach in Hua Hin from there they can go on a tour of the thousands of empty condos along the coast from Cha Amm and snap up some bargains 

Comical face saving propaganda.  Nobodies participating in their moronic money grab scheme and  now they're trying to sell business travel as tourism.  Even if 300 tourist were to actually arrive, that would make zero impact  their economy and failing businesses.

• Like 1

Thai Embassy need a One-Stop get everything you need in one place to go to Thailand.

Too complicated and a pain for me to bother trying ... and I can get permission to exit the Australian Penal colony that has a ban.

Better currently to holiday domestically.

20 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'd guess a lot of these tourists are retired condo buyers.  compare property prices per square meter and thailand is a bargain, well worth a couple weeks of quarantine to save thousand$! 

(beijing inner city US$15K/square meter)

May well be condo owners. My mate that lives in Hong Kong has a condo in Phuket and usually comes 3/4 times a year.

He was in UK early part of year and got stuck for 5 months, couldn't get to HK or Phuket.

Sound familiar.

14 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Alternative to what? What other alternatives are there apart from State controlled hotel quarantine?

Where the Thai people go is not always a hotel as far as I know . They have been using army bases and quarantining your average Thai there as the government are paying for it . More submarine cash then ????

On 10/28/2020 at 5:42 AM, Bundooman said:

Alternative to what? What other alternatives are there apart from State controlled hotel quarantine?

The State Quarantine Facilities are government-run facilities (mostly on military bases as far as I know) for Thai nationals. Alternative State Quarantine means the government-approved hotels where foreigners stay (or Thais who are willing to pay for them).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The State Quarantine Facilities are government-run facilities (mostly on military bases as far as I know) for Thai nationals. Alternative State Quarantine means the government-approved hotels where foreigners stay (or Thais who are willing to pay for them).

The state quarantine facilities free for Thais during the first months (april\june)  were on 

military bases. However since july\august they use big cheap hotels like the Ambassador city in Jomtiem

They still use the rudimentary accomodation option on the military bases for

the workers coming from Cambodia or Myanmar

On 10/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, Dialemco said:

Whether they are tourists or not is irrelevant they are guinea pigs let's hope none of them develope or catch Covid whilst in Thailand. So far as when actual tourism occurs surely this will not be possible until at least 2012

They all caught the virus on the plane from the Thai returnees 

which did not get tested.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, Dialemco said:

Whether they are tourists or not is irrelevant they are guinea pigs let's hope none of them develope or catch Covid whilst in Thailand. So far as when actual tourism occurs surely this will not be possible until at least 2012

2012?

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, Traubert said:

They already spent more than you can dream about on getting and staying here.

the money they invested or spent on getting to Thailand and fancy hotels for quarantines will not percolate down to the mama papa type businesses and they are that people that suffer the most  

6 minutes ago, smew said:

the money they invested or spent on getting to Thailand and fancy hotels for quarantines will not percolate down to the mama papa type businesses and they are that people that suffer the most  

All the money they bring in here 'percolates' down.

That's the Thai governments job.