Thai police officers say they’ve been cheated out of COVID-19 payments

webfact

When i think of all the money the cops in Pattaya must be loosing ,due to lack of Farangs ,i celebrate that their must be a God.I found Pattaya police especially thuggish ,for extracting fines for offences that they make up .Even when i went to the desk at Soi 9 Police station they tried to scam me again with a higher fine than was due for that particular offence . ;-(

Edited by anto
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think that a line from my all-time favourite movie, "The Magnificent Seven" covers this situation quite well. Calvera (the Mexican thief and outlaw) says to Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen "we have a saying here" (in Mexico) - "a thief who steals from a thief, is banned for a thousand years". Could be a bit of a worry in LOS, especially if you believe in reincarnation. Certainly, back in 1995 when I was dating a C Mai lass and her younger brother had just become a cop in Lamphun, she asked me if I could help him 'to get kitted out' as his first salary was only about 6 thousand baht a month. Oddly, they had put him straight into the murder investigation squad, but he had no gun. I was a serving army Officer at the time - it was only then that I realised what she meant by 'helping him get kitted-out'.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police officers say they’ve been cheated out of COVID-19 payments

4pm.jpg

Thai police throughout the country claim that they have been cheated out of payments for extra work carried out during the pandemic. 

Now an official investigation is underway with the RTP's own Bursar Office under scrutiny.

Some low ranking officers have been complaining on Facebook that they have not been properly paid for overtime at special checkpoints and extra hours worked because of the pandemic. 

Some did not receive what was rightfully theirs and others are believed to have been forced to hand back money. 

They were meant to be able to earn an extra 60 baht/hour up to 420 baht/day. 

Pol Gen Wissanu Prasatthong-Osoth, an inspector general, said that a 60 day inquiry was underway.

Whether it was cheating cops or just a mistake in the Bursar's Office will be determined. 

But he promised severe repercussions if it was cheating.

He has already accepted that there were "irregularities". 

The case related to payments to police in the North, North East, Central region and South, reported Channel 7. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-27

Sorry to hear these hardworking policeman/-woman were cheated out of B. 420.-/day extra pay .

10 hours ago, meechai said:

Geez that is like 2 of their no helmet pocket money stops no wonder their upset ????

I haven't witnessed one of those in many years. Even Innocent school children mounted to the front of dad's and Mom's motorcycle are not protected by the police waving them on at the school entrance gate. 

I have no sympathy for Thailand police force. They don’t serve and protect. If they did, things in this country would be better. They are getting what they deserve, nothing. 

If they would enforce the laws, they would and could have a retirement program, but they rather look the other way and rely on corruption.  

Every time I see one, they always looking away from laws being broken by their own people but they will do their best to get a foreigner living here. 

It was only a matter of time that the truth would come to light. This pandemic is bring out the true colors of all these corrupt people.  Now they share weep like as their own poor weep. 

• Like 2