marriage

beet man

It would be wise to check with your local Amphoe what documents they require in order to have you legally married there (can be done on the spot when you meet all the requirements).

Like IOs the requirements can differ from amphoe to amphoe, but an affirmation of Permit to Marry is a fixed requirement.  If your local amphoe is making things difficult by asking additional hard-to-get documentation, you can simply enquire and apply at a different one.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2020 at 2:10 PM, beet man said:

Thank you ubonjoe. After I have the letter from the Embassy can I get married right away? Some one told me you have t wait 2 years.

If nothing has changed since 2000, Joe is correct, I do remember they did request 2 withness. 

Got my Freedom to Marry and  Residence Certificate from the UK embassy on a Monday, gave docs to a marriage agent same day for MFA translations etc, got married in a random (chosen by the agent) amphur in central Bangkok on the Thursday.

Figured as we'd have to go to Bangkok anyway would just get it all done 1 trip. No problems.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Got my Freedom to Marry and  Residence Certificate from the UK embassy on a Monday, gave docs to a marriage agent same day for MFA translations etc, got married in a random (chosen by the agent) amphur in central Bangkok on the Thursday.

Figured as we'd have to go to Bangkok anyway would just get it all done 1 trip. No problems.

Probably that was at the Bangrak amphur, the world famous "village of love".

Kinda like Vegas on the Chaophraya.

https://watdee.com/getting-married-in-bangrak-the-village-of-love

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

May I ask why you need an agent for this?? Anyway marriage and divorce can be done at any amphur, not necessarily the one you got married.

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

May I ask why you need an agent for this?? Anyway marriage and divorce can be done at any amphur, not necessarily the one you got married.

I don't know, or particularly like Bangkpk, and never used any agents before but decided on the easy option. The idea of taxiing around BKK and manoevering public office put me off. 

Yea I am aware about the marriage/divorce at any office but some just don't do, or make it easy for foreigners. 3 couples got divorced at the desk next to us in the same time it took to marry us.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I don't know, or particularly like Bangkpk, and never used any agents before but decided on the easy option. The idea of taxiing around BKK and manoevering public office put me off. 

Yea I am aware about the marriage/divorce at any office but some just don't do, or make it easy for foreigners. 3 couples got divorced at the desk next to us in the same time it took to marry us.

55555555;