Jump to content

Workers suffer electric shock while retrieving Vegetarian Festival flags


Recommended Posts

Workers suffer electric shock while retrieving Vegetarian Festival flags

By The Phuket News

 

1603777016_1-org.jpg

The two men were electrocuted when the steel flag handle accidentally touched an overhead power cable. Photo: Phuket Ruamjai Rescue Foundation

 

PHUKET: Two men suffered electric shocks while collecting Vegetarian Festival flags at the intersection of Soi Palai and Chao Fa East Rd in Chalong yesterday (Oct 26).

 

Sayan Thammaphan, Head of the Phuket Ruamjai Rescue Foundation, explained that rescue workers and an ambulance from Chalong Hospital were called to the scene at about 10:40am.

 

Rescue workers arrived to find Manat Srisuwan, 52, and Myanmar national Soh Min Jun, 41, both on the ground near a power pole. 

 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/workers-suffer-electric-shock-while-retrieving-vegetarian-festival-flags-77780.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-10-27
 
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to know the amount of people killed in a year from electric shocks in the country . The amount of people I know who think because they can wire a plug they can do anything electrical is shocking ! 
Anything involving water and electric in my house is wired by a uk qualified electrician , wouldn’t trust a Thai to do it .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thousands of electrical cable criss crossing the poles in Thailand is a nightmare. They should really revamp the electrical cables to prevent future mishaps.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...