7 years in Thailand

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I told wife to start applying for PR. We are leaving.    Except I can't bring myself to leave.    I don't wanna sound like one of those posters, but I really didn't come here f

Only imagine, sitting on a plane back to Europe, or elsewhere?   When we are getting older, nothing is as it once was.   Sex perhaps once a month? And if so, with chemical help?

I suppose if I had unlimited finances, I would probably leave. I despise the government and immigration here, and it does feel like the nation is moving backwards. But, considering the fact that I do

Posted Images

OP, me and my partner are in a similar dilemma to you.

We have lived here 14 years full time and loved it. But things have stagnated and we feel trapped here and limited options. Covid has meant we also lost out from renting out a couple of small condos in Phuket to tourists. 

We are content here...but feel unsure about the future if one of us should become ill for example.

However, going back to UK is not appealing. Listening to the news about the virus there and Brexit, it's unsure about UK's future. 

Our plan was to retire to France or Spain. But that seems not easy now UK has left Europe so we feel a bit lost at the moment.

For you, why do the PR thing at all? It's expensive and time consuming...and I can't see any real benefits to it as it's easy to just do the retirement visa. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, Pravda said:

And I told wife to start applying for PR. We are leaving. 

Except I can't bring myself to leave. 

I don't wanna sound like one of those posters, but I really didn't come here for the girls. Maybe this is why I was so lucky never to get ripped off. My life here is what many would consider boring, but for some reason I enjoy it every single day. One of the reasons I wanted to go back is honestly the money is starting to run out. I lost 90% of my income due to covid. Yet every time I think back how f**, *** miserable I was back "home" in Canada I get f***#** miserable. It's a vicious circle. 

So I told wifey we are staying here. She got kinda pd off, but she says as long she's with me she doesn't care where she is. But she's concerned about my health. Healthcare in Canada is "free". Yes that's a good point and pollution here is suckorama but then I start thinking how f$$***# miserable I was I change my mind again. 

For the past month I have spent sleepless nights about moving or not moving. If I do go back I know for sure we both won't be coming back. There is something about this place where among all this misery the life is still not taken too seriously. 

What to do? 

How does PR come into the picture?