7 years in Thailand

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I told wife to start applying for PR. We are leaving.    Except I can't bring myself to leave.    I don't wanna sound like one of those posters, but I really didn't come here f

Only imagine, sitting on a plane back to Europe, or elsewhere?   When we are getting older, nothing is as it once was.   Sex perhaps once a month? And if so, with chemical help?

I suppose if I had unlimited finances, I would probably leave. I despise the government and immigration here, and it does feel like the nation is moving backwards. But, considering the fact that I do

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

And Tim Hortons-Timbits!!!!   Get your skates on Gordy You're going in!   Maple Leafs! take off you Hoser eh!

There are 4 Tim Horton's branches in Bangkok and they look pretty damn nice compared to Canada.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

There are 4 Tim Horton's branches in Bangkok and they look pretty damn nice compared to Canada.

Wow..never knew that...as soon as I land in BKK im still at airport to fly up north....may need to stop by eh?

Will note the best Big mac I ever had was in BKK......compared to the <deleted> in the states....Kudos to BKK

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Wow..never knew that...as soon as I land in BKK im still at airport to fly up north....may need to stop by eh?

Will note the best Big mac I ever had was in BKK......compared to the <deleted> in the states....Kudos to BKK

It's a new thing. The first branch they opened was at Canadian embassy. Now they have it at Samyan Mitrtown (fanciest one). Sacon mall (strange location) and other I never been to. Latte is satisfying. Ice cap is different. Donuts are different. As with every chain in Thailand it is not directly owned by original company.

There is an article about in English back in January from the site we are not allowed to link.

Edited by Pravda

If you have a place in southern Canada, well you will at least have nice Summers,

You will get your pension when you get to 65, and can start your CPP at 60.

Your wife can become Canadian and qualify for a pension at 65, as well. Yes and

the medical issue is real, as hospitals in Thailand are expensive if you have to go

and stay in one.  My Thai family has told me of how many baht they have had to

pay for some older relatives that have gone to the hospitals in Bangkok.

You can even buy your wife some Winter clothes pretty cheap, if you chose to

go back during this Winter. Only Ontario and Quebec have lots of covid, the

rest of the country is quite covid free.

Geezer

• Like 1

Just stay, your wife will probably be happier here. Just get a good health insurance, if you are not too old to get one. If you don't have kids a pension of 5000 USD/month gives you a fairly decent life here, while you'd only scrape by with that in Farangland. Just imagine penny pinching in the cold with a frustrated Thai lady.

Ok, that's not always the case as it depends on your level of income and on whether her level of education is sufficient to start a successful career in Canada.

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My home in the UK is leased out until November 2022. I am currently stuck outside of Thailand in a b and b with my visa about to expire. If I can get back by summer next year, I'll come for 15 months only, then go back, sell the house and fund the move for my family to the UK. The issues with covid have just shown how delicate life is living with her outside of my home country. Better to bring her and our daughter to the UK. I cannot say our standard of life would be better, but we'd always be together, schools and doctors are free and no visa nonsense. Thailand - apart from my family - holds nothing for me. Easy to leave.

PM me.  I think I can offer you much better than B & B and at very reasonable monthly rent on the lovely Koh Samui and near the sea.