7 years in Thailand

Pravda

16 hours ago, rumak said:

AHA..... now i hear ya !   I sold my rentals in the states longggg ago .  Just too hard to deal with the BS,  especially when not on the scene.   And yes,  the laws favoring deadbeat renters suck. 

My daughter lives about an hour and half east of Toronto,  so i have some idea about values, etc.

(rising ! )   Crazy, it seems.   They would like to sell and move somewhere cheaper as well........ but it is COLDER in those places.   Alberta prices are down , right?    due to oil being in the sheets. 

But not so nice for living,  eh ?    West coast is nicest..... but not cheap.  

Tough decisions all around,  and now i have a better idea of what you face.    good luck

Just read Canada plans to bring 1.2 million immigrants in the next 3 years. Canadian economy must be hurting from covid handouts. I'm thinking now I'm gonna keep my condo and put up with it because all these immis are gonna need to place to stay and Toronto is a melting pot it seems. 

Calgary shouldn't be that bad. At least the nature is there. I've been self employed for many years so it doesn't really make a difference where I am job wise. The best I could hope to get is shelf stacker. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Just read Canada plans to bring 1.2 million immigrants in the next 3 years. Canadian economy must be hurting from covid handouts. I'm thinking now I'm gonna keep my condo and put up with it because all these immis are gonna need to place to stay and Toronto is a melting pot it seems. 

Calgary shouldn't be that bad. At least the nature is there. I've been self employed for many years so it doesn't really make a difference where I am job wise. The best I could hope to get is shelf stacker. 

not a bad choice.  Maybe you could get rid of your 'agent' though and advertise yourself?  And just have a maintenance crew to pay instead?

15 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

And is so <deleted> b-o-r-i-n-g!

Yep...   Over 30 something years I have seen much larger numbers making the break from boring fkn lifestyles in the west.   Many ended up in thailand,  which IMO  is part of the problem here.  Farangs as a novelty are ok.   When you start getting bunches of them, many if not most bringing western attitudes along that are not always pleasant to Thais ( or me ???? )  .   

as for : "Good luck. There's no such thing as a right decision in old age. We should have made those a long time ago, and mostly didn't."  .......   i wanted to give a "like"   and a "laugh"  emoji

cheers

On 10/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, Dexxter said:

I kept going back was to be with my partner but now the plan is to bring her back HOME to Australia

After you sharing your emotions, I have a few thoughts:
does she have the transferable skills to live Down Under ?
will she like it ?
what if SHE gets homesick?

Edited by KKr

On 10/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Not the end ... not yet ... death just frees your spirit , the body is just a machine ...

No need to fear the ' end ' ,

What need to fear is the degradation of a body when it becomes old and the pain that comes with that ...

When the end is near , let's hope it comes fast .

I think it's essential to make sure that they don't keep you hanging on machines when already brain dead. To come and go at the same time would be best.

Unfortunately, are we not able to choose how and when it happens.