Jump to content

7 years in Thailand


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I told wife to start applying for PR. We are leaving.    Except I can't bring myself to leave.    I don't wanna sound like one of those posters, but I really didn't come here f

Only imagine, sitting on a plane back to Europe, or elsewhere?   When we are getting older, nothing is as it once was.   Sex perhaps once a month? And if so, with chemical help?

I suppose if I had unlimited finances, I would probably leave. I despise the government and immigration here, and it does feel like the nation is moving backwards. But, considering the fact that I do

Posted Images

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I looked at the upper and lower part of the girl and I didn't notice much else. 

Im very selective when assessing a future purchase...if that was the type of model I would even pay for.....

 

Could have a lot of miles on it and dogged out by previous owners.....Im happy with a reliable Honda, not a Lexus

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

True,

She will have many more opportunities for a younger, wealthier husband with a bigger house.

Along with keeping half of everything you own.

Including your Hockey Stick! Oh Canada!

Edited by ChakaKhan
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, simon43 said:

Not bad looking for a ladyboy... 🤣

 

(If she looks stunning ,then SHE was probably born as a HE)

ha!  They definitely can give lessons to girls on how to put a girl together lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That's what all the guys think, "she's not that type of gal".

 

But when her friends, work mates, Southeast women's association, and the lawyers tell her how much richer and happier she'll be separating from you and hooking-up with a man her age, richer, with a great job, day after day, she just might reconsider her position with you. 

 

Too late and difficult for a prenuptial or marriage contract.

 

Transferring traceable assets, prior to arrival in Canada, may not avoid dividing assets in a separation. By family law, she's entitled to half of your net assets obtained during marriage. Canadian family law and lawyers are ruthless. One of my friends spent 4.5 years negotiating a separation agreement then another 6 months for a divorce, his 5th lawyer got the job fairly. Legal fees were about CAD$30K. Carefully consider the risks.

 

What are the Thai laws on divorce asset splits?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

What are the Thai laws on divorce asset splits?

 

      Farang / Thai divorce :

smart guy:     keeps plenty in his name , out of reach,  before getting married

dumb guy:    she gets everything   .       he goes over the balcony

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im very selective when assessing a future purchase...if that was the type of model I would even pay for.....

 

Could have a lot of miles on it and dogged out by previous owners.....Im happy with a reliable Honda, not a Lexus

 

You obviously agree with all the people who made this song a #1 hit:

 

https://youtu.be/6EqFVWzOfN8

 

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life...."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

 

You obviously agree with all the people who made this song a #1 hit:

 

https://youtu.be/6EqFVWzOfN8

 

"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life...."

 

 

nowadays..........  they may be ugly,  but they STILL can't cook  ☺️

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 6:48 PM, Lacessit said:

Not the most intelligent post on TV I have seen, given the current COVID-19 situation. Might be years before the option you describe is freely available.

I believe he was thinking about what to do in the future. If not. my mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That's what all the guys think, "she's not that type of gal".

 

But when her friends, work mates, Southeast women's association, and the lawyers tell her how much richer and happier she'll be separating from you and hooking-up with a man her age, richer, with a great job, day after day, she just might reconsider her position with you. 

 

Too late and difficult for a prenuptial or marriage contract.

 

Transferring traceable assets, prior to arrival in Canada, may not avoid dividing assets in a separation. By family law, she's entitled to half of your net assets obtained during marriage. Canadian family law and lawyers are ruthless. One of my friends spent 4.5 years negotiating a separation agreement then another 6 months for a divorce, his 5th lawyer got the job fairly. Legal fees were about CAD$30K. Carefully consider the risks.

 

 

No sinsod. No payments. No fancy marriage. Takes a mortgage on her name. Puts 400k for my marriage visa. Works hard. Doesn't play around. 100% loyal and not a milligram of Thai in her blood. I think she deserves half of my property back in Canada in the highly unlikely event she leaves me which will most likely be my fault anyway just like in the past. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

 

The American medical system is completely broken, and the incompetent government has done nothing to advocate for the people, for decades. The entire system is completely sold out to the FDA, and Big pharma. Every member of congress and the senate are $35 street walkers. The costs are astounding. And medical insurance for a couple is over $12,000 a year. Some families pay $2,500 a month. For health insurance! That is a mortgage payment. Reason enough to get out of America. A broken nation. And getting worse by the day. A "once empire" in a state of rapid decline. 

In Australia, the public system is almost free. A small copayment. The only catch is one goes on a waiting list for non-essential surgery. Pensioners are bulk-billed, which means they pay nothing.

I pay $2700 ( Australian ) per year for gold class hospital and medical cover. That guarantees me free treatment in any private hospital with a surgeon or physician of my choice, unlimited cost. My health insurer has kindly suspended payment while I am in Thailand. I can reinstate my policy any time within the first 60 days of arriving back in Australia.

Our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme ( PBS ) means if a medication is listed on it ( most are ), irrespective of what the manufacturers' price is, one only pays $6.60 per prescription.

It's one of the reasons I laugh when Americans start bleating about the evils of socialism. The Australian medical system is entirely down to when socialist governments were in power.

Apologies if off topic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2020 at 9:16 PM, Pravda said:

My life here is what many would consider boring, but for some reason I enjoy it every single day. One of the reasons I wanted to go back is honestly the money is starting to run out. I lost 90% of my income due to covid. Yet every time I think back how f**, *** miserable I was back "home" in Canada I get f***#** miserable. It's a vicious circle. 

 

I would say if your happy in Thailand a lot if not all of that is due to your relationship with your wife. (you did not say if Canada was previously miserable as a single or married man)

That affects your day to day & if your happy now you will likely be as happy in Canada where you will also have rights & less stress in many ways due to government health care/help etc being available. Being old & poor in Thailand will never be better than Canada with rights & benefits to help you get by if that is your financial reality at this junction

 

Also nothing has to be forever & nothing says you will not return to Thailand someday if you & your wife decide to move back later after your stable or visit.

 

Folks who are happy usually find happiness wherever they are. The grumpy cantankerous types are not happy no matter where they live 😉

 

Forget all the nimrods saying your wife will be stolen because if that was a possibility it does not matter which country your in. Either you have a good marriage or you don't.

 

Good Luck

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pravda said:

 

No sinsod. No payments. No fancy marriage. Takes a mortgage on her name. Puts 400k for my marriage visa. Works hard. Doesn't play around. 100% loyal and not a milligram of Thai in her blood. I think she deserves half of my property back in Canada in the highly unlikely event she leaves me which will most likely be my fault anyway just like in the past. 

 

what is it about you that makes these separations (past or future)  "your fault".?

 

sorry,  but it is the "human aspect" to these stories that make them interesting to me.

the rest of the subjects in forums and in life are pretty much the same stuff over and over......

 

each situation is different only as pertaining to the  "details and personalities involved".

that is also why i asked on page 1 for some details which your posts give out little by little

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...