Is everyone in Bangkok a nutter?

WineOh

You do have to box clever, especially after about 11pm when the knuckle draggers start moving from bar to bar.

I always cast a careful eye around whilst avoiding eye contact that might invite a conversation.

Stick to the bar girls, they will always find your conversations interesting ???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uncleP said:

I live in Bangkok and I'm  perfectly fine but if I'd have seen you on a bindippers shirt I'd  have put my lipstick on and given you nice pout ????

1 minute ago, uncleP said:

I live in Bangkok and I'm  perfectly fine but if I'd have seen you on a bindippers shirt I'd  have put my lipstick on and given you nice pout ????

You what lad?

7 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

You what lad?

At Stamford Bridge you are known as the bin dippers and have been since the 70's. The reason why is probably  lost in the mists of time or explained  above ????

Edited by uncleP

5 minutes ago, uncleP said:

At Stamford Bridge you are known as the bin dippers and have been since the 70's. The reason why is probably  lost in the mists of time or explained  above ????

I was referring to you offering me a kiss.

I was quite taken back by it actually.

you into blokes then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

I was referring to you offering me a kiss.

I was quite taken back by it actually.

you into blokes then?

Guys I rest my case.

I was thinking more of this but if you see that and think of kissing then no wonder you imagine devils everywhere ????

images (2).jpeg

Edited by uncleP

You get that in Pattaya too, last year there was this bogan character who showed me how to cut someone's throat, I could barely understand his English. Then there's the barfly types who bang on, the worse ones try to brag about money, I change the subject quick and they get deflated

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You get that in Pattaya too, last year there was this bogan character who showed me how to cut someone's throat, I could barely understand his English. Then there's the barfly types who bang on, the worse ones try to brag about money, I change the subject quick and they get deflated

The girls attract fantasists from all over the world.

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I live in the middle of Bangkok since two decades. It definitely helps to be at least a little ding-dong, but it's not required.

It seems you visited the wrong place. I never had anybody tell me all that <deleted>, not on one day and not on several days.

Perhaps you have better filters.

14 hours ago, rott said:
17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I drink by myself, at my condo or in my GF's village. That way, no-one is trying to get into my head or my wallet.

Gosh, you have the life Lacessit.

Yes, he's doing it right.

When I want intelligent conversation, I stay home and talk with Mrs NL. When I fancy a draught beer, I go to the pub. If someone wants to strike up intelligent conversation with me in that pub, I bring up stuff like the Covid hoax or deny the Holocaust (sic).

As with this forum there are plenty of nutters out there. 

On this forum the anonymity allows for sufficient lubricance for people exude their true opinions. In bars the alcohol does the same. 

There are people on this forum with whom a beer and chat would be enjoyable. There are also the complete fruitcakes I’d avoid !!!!

Differences are cool, interesting and lead to interesting conversations and polite debate. But some people are just 'too far gone’ for there to be any common ground. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, he's doing it right.

When I want intelligent conversation, I stay home and talk with Mrs NL. When I fancy a draught beer, I go to the pub. If someone wants to strike up intelligent conversation with me in that pub, I bring up stuff like the Covid hoax or deny the Holocaust (sic).

So TVF is still populated by independent, silent Marlborough Man types. Probably thinking of the good old days when they could smoke a Strand. 

No, just a bit weird. Happy guys don't volunteer. I volunteered cos it was a way of escaping a very bad situation where I was screwed career wise, healthwise, and relationship wise. A war on two fronts is bad enough, a war on 3 fronts is too much. Luckily it turned out OK, more through luck than judgement. Must admit though, a year or two in Thailand, is worth a lot in terms of experience, especially in the early days, before you get settled with the three dogs, two cats, and the crazy woman.