• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then there was this guy wandering around the pub striking up conversations with random strangers....

Maybe you just drink at the wrong establishment !

Went out for a couple pints on Sunday afternoon in the big cheese. (I’m here meeting a lady friend), she was at work all day Sunday. met my first drinking companion at 12:30,  he starte

Posted Images

Is everyone in Bangkok a nutter?

OMG, just realised... could this be the reason for the Thai bashing at the drop of a hat?

🥺

5 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

A pub in downtown Bangkok.

sadly, due to forum rules that’s all I am allowed to say!

You shouldn't have posted BS in the first place  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
14 hours ago, rott said:
17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I drink by myself, at my condo or in my GF's village. That way, no-one is trying to get into my head or my wallet.

Gosh, you have the life Lacessit.

Yes, he's doing it right.

When I want intelligent conversation, I stay home and talk with Mrs NL. When I fancy a draught beer, I go to the pub. If someone wants to strike up intelligent conversation with me in that pub, I bring up stuff like the Covid hoax or deny the Holocaust (sic).

13 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

You shouldn't have posted BS in the first place  

And let's give a great big, warm ThaiVisa welcome to Johnny No-mates...

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:
20 hours ago, rott said:

Last time I was in that Soi most places were pretty empty. Can't think of one with an upstairs. 

Not that one.

the other one.

You’re not supposed to be making conversation with people in Baccara !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As with this forum there are plenty of nutters out there. 

On this forum the anonymity allows for sufficient lubricance for people exude their true opinions. In bars the alcohol does the same. 

There are people on this forum with whom a beer and chat would be enjoyable. There are also the complete fruitcakes I’d avoid !!!!

Differences are cool, interesting and lead to interesting conversations and polite debate. But some people are just 'too far gone’ for there to be any common ground. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, he's doing it right.

When I want intelligent conversation, I stay home and talk with Mrs NL. When I fancy a draught beer, I go to the pub. If someone wants to strike up intelligent conversation with me in that pub, I bring up stuff like the Covid hoax or deny the Holocaust (sic).

So TVF is still populated by independent, silent Marlborough Man types. Probably thinking of the good old days when they could smoke a Strand. 

No, just a bit weird. Happy guys don't volunteer. I volunteered cos it was a way of escaping a very bad situation where I was screwed career wise, healthwise, and relationship wise. A war on two fronts is bad enough, a war on 3 fronts is too much. Luckily it turned out OK, more through luck than judgement. Must admit though, a year or two in Thailand, is worth a lot in terms of experience, especially in the early days, before you get settled with the three dogs, two cats, and the crazy woman.

6 hours ago, rott said:

So TVF is still populated by independent, silent Marlborough Man types. Probably thinking of the good old days when they could smoke a Strand. 

Peter Stuyvesant's mate.

Wait until you get sat next to some guy who's just done 14 days quarantine, he starts talking to himself 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1