PM says Opposition has forgotten the massive corruption during Pheu Thai administration

webfact

Open your top draw and remove the amnesty you gave yourself. What innocent man refuses to be audited and held accountable. Yes the old opium border trade is dead. Now stealing and.kickbacks is the go. And the laughable 20 year police reforms. You are weak. Non reforming crooks with a good time on things ????????????

All Thai governments have been corrupt, but at least the Pheu Thai governments were elected fair and square - and people had the power to vote them out.

I don't think that PM Pinocchio is corrupt himself; he doesn't seem to be driven by material wants and needs. That doesn't make him any better though, because he does nothing at all to prevent or punish corruption in his ranks, where it is rife at all levels.

19 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't think that PM Pinocchio is corrupt himself; he doesn't seem to be driven by material wants and needs

If that is so, and he is not corrupt then how did he go from having a Net Worth (approx.)  of approximately US $4.06 million USD or just over 126 Million Baht in (2014), to what has been estimated and said to be a net worth currently of 2 Billion Thb as of 2019.  That in itself is one hell of an increase in just over 5 years.

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And what about your promise to fight corruption? I doubt if you remember back this far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, and at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 10 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire six years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy. For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. 

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. 

Above all he did not respect democracy nor the will of the Thai people. How do you fight corruption by appointing Kamnan Poh's boys to your cabinet and the mayor's chair in Pattaya? 

Well, he has to listen to the people first ..... and speaking of corruption he might have heard of the "pot calling the kettle black"? Irrespective of the past, is he responsible for his government which has been ruling the land for the last 6 ½ years - obviously uninterrupted and possibly slightly rigged by yet another constitution of theirs and an "interesting"  election?  

I've seen real beauties in the department of "good" governance, submarines spring to mind, a fifth B737 air force plane for military VIPs being delivered, feasibility studies are done on impossible mental farts like bridging Samui with the mainland or across the Golf of Thailand from Cholburi to Petchburi - just to name a few. 

A government and its leader should act in the interest of the majority of its people; as an outsider looking in I only see (RE-)acting; to the better or the worse we will see ...... 

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If that is so, and he is not corrupt then how did he go from having a Net Worth (approx.)  of approximately US $4.06 million USD or just over 126 Million Baht in (2014), to what has been estimated and said to be a net worth currently of 2 Billion Thb as of 2019.  That in itself is one hell of an increase in just over 5 years.

Defenders would say he:

is lucky

married well

inherited wealth

sold shoddy land to mega-conglomerate for inflated price and deposited cash off-shore

OK, probably won't say that last one, outload

No clue why people (foreigners here) think he's some paragon of virture? Same folks who think Big Joke wasn't a bag-man.

Edited by mtls2005

This is the same argument China makes for anything they do that the rest of the world is against. Well, this country did these....(HR violations, containing other country's imperialism, etc.,) thus they think that they are ok to do the same thing, when it should be quite the opposite and they should be learning from the mistakes of the past and working to improve the lives of so many in the future. This argument he makes is like a child saying, he hit me, so I have a right to hit him back, all the while ignoring the other ways out of the argument or how to be better than the argument.

Just case people in the past were corrupt, Prayuth, does not give you the right to continue with the corruption. I thought you said you were taking over government to make it better, not to continue the same dog and cat show.