Pattaya – fighting to survive its Covid crisis

webfact

19 hours ago, ginjag said:

Same with me, but if we returned in a rubber boat in the dover area, they give you a bus ride to a 4 star hotel free inclusive of food and cash illegal immigrants  human rights  Ha Ha Ha,,,,,us pensioners have no human rights.  in fact we are saving the UK vast amount of money, no winter payments, no free transport, not using the NHS and doctors, etc,, BUT yet they  freeze our pension,, that should be illegal.

Totally agree.  Eventually they'll starve us into returning where our demands on Social Services will cost more than the small % increase linked to cost of living.

18 hours ago, androokery said:

Not really a fair way to look at this...

Imagine that you're running a business with some street traffic, say it's a restaurant or a massage shop or a cleaning service. It depends on people having access to your front door. Then the local government comes along and puts a transformer station across your entrance. Or puts a huge fence around your property, essentially making it impossible for your customers to get access. The government also asks you to be patient, the fence will be removed. Soon. But time drags on.

You have zero income. Your business would still have customers, if only they could get access. You would just "suck it up"? You wouldn't feel any need to ask for compensation from the local government? Or ask for the fence to be removed?

Sadly that is what is happening on Sukumvit Rd near me. Along with all the covid issues they have taken 3 to 4 months to build 200 metres of road. It is very hard to drive from one side of the road to the other. There were 5 or 6 restaurants along the road and I was there at 8 pm on Saturday night. All in darkness.

18 hours ago, balo said:

If you look at some of the popular Youtube channels , you can earn money by inviting the viewers in a live chat and "customers " will tip the channel. And there's a lot of money involved. I watched one channel the other day (live football chat), and they earned around $4000 in just 60 minutes . But they have 500k viewers +

If a bar decides to go digital just to show girls smiling at them,  and have a drink I am sure there are stupid enough people out there willing to tip large amounts of money.

Yes I would probably be desperate enough  to try that myself if I run out of money. 

Do they accept tips in bitcoins?????, 55555555

On 10/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, Watchful said:

Another thought I had is if this new "online bar" model is successful, what prevents those absolutely beautiful girls in Brazil, Italy and Sweden from playing exactly the same game? Problem with an "online bar" is that it makes no difference where in the world it is. All that matters is if the girls can entice the viewers to part with their money. Right?

That's been on line for many years. Plenty of sites where one can have a "private chat" with a prostitute, in exchange for some money.

Never bothered myself when I could have the real thing in LOS.

If Thai bar owners are doing that now that they are long behind in the game. Can't see it catching on biggly as long as the girls keep their clothes on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I'm sure it's possible my question is "why would anyone part with good money to see a girl in a bar"? Surely men are not THAT desperate?

Yes it is crazy. How could people waste money like that. Does any one know what the web addresses for the live feeds are?Asking for a friend of course.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I'm sure it's possible my question is "why would anyone part with good money to see a girl in a bar"? Surely men are not THAT desperate?

Kinda what I do here in Pattaya mate!

Why I would want to pay to watch one pretending to drink tequila 1000s of miles away is another matter. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, polpott said:

One bar went down that route and got its channel deleted. There's only so much you can show on YouTube.

Perhaps the bars should offer "private online services" via the bar's Skype account, for an extra fee, of course.   ????

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

what sort of lonely pathetic losers go to an "online digital bar" and buy a bar girl online drinks using a 13" laptop from some 20,000km away?

...........whilst giving themselves a happy ending.  ????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pattayadude said:

what sort of lonely pathetic losers go to an "online digital bar" and buy a bar girl online drinks using a 13" laptop from some 20,000km away? What's the world coming to!

Desperate measures......

On 10/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, RichardColeman said:

When you actually think about that  - 50% closed - you realise the impact of this total nonsense. When the historians look back at this, they will condemn the governments of the world for the near destruction of all the world's economy, whilst at the same time actually 'growing' theirs and the world's populations ! If this madness does not end soon, the damage caused by these insane politicians and leaders will not be fixed within the next 30 years.

Already my uk owes £30,000 in debt for every person in the UK due to borrowing for this political mess - and it's going up. If you take out retired and those unable or can't work, then that's about £40,000 each - and it's going up. It will have to be repaid quick to avoid potential interest rate rises. So, the youth now will probably get a £2,000 a year rise in their tax for the next 20 years, or a £1,000 bill now for the rest of their working life after starting work ! Madness , total incompetent madness.

Then squeeze the rich till their pips squeak.