Pattaya – fighting to survive its Covid crisis

webfact

1 minute ago, polpott said:

No lockdown in Pattaya. I was out until 1am on Walking Sreet Saturday night, had a great time. Out locally tonight, I'm sure it will be the same. Intend to visit several bars tonight but won't get round them all. Still too much choice of bars, restaurants and women in Pattaya. There's life in the old girl yet.

the town is half dead because no tourists,

half the shops are closed

1 hour ago, polpott said:

No lockdown. No tourists? Good for me.

yes, for me personally it balances itself out,

exotic gourmet  food is now nigh impossible to get my hands on,

but i suffer less traffic jam, but i got pension so

i am not personally affected so much by the horrific economy.

but every other thai that must work to get an income are in a very hard time, i lend out what little i can to help them out

in this self inflicted catastrophe

(not the workers but the politicians)

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Never could buy genuine caviar in Pattaya. Foodland has a version of it.

i used to be able to buy on foodland & friendship,

but now i can only get a substitute on central,

and only found it yesterday, so thats now 6 months worth of hardship thanks to lock down

2 minutes ago, scammed said:

i used to be able to buy on foodland & friendship,

but now i can only get a substitute on central,

and only found it yesterday, so thats now 6 months worth of hardship thanks to lock down

You have never bought beluga caviar in Pattaya.

9 hours ago, morrobay said:

Meanwhile back at the ranch. The bay is for sure surviving better. Yesterday. Can get used to this. 

IMG_20201102_102447.jpg

IMG_20201102_102355.jpg

The problem with Pattaya beach is that the bottom is mud. I guess at some time it was mangroves or else it is sludge from  pollution. When they did the beach they should have dug up the bottom and put sand there. Maybe the floods washing sand in the water will do the job for them.

On 10/31/2020 at 4:44 PM, pattayadude said:

what sort of lonely pathetic losers go to an "online digital bar" and buy a bar girl online drinks using a 13" laptop from some 20,000km away? What's the world coming to!

Mirror it to a 55 inch ????

On 11/3/2020 at 6:43 PM, Wongkitlo said:

When they did the beach they should have dug up the bottom and put sand there. Maybe the floods washing sand in the water will do the job for them.

Indeed the New beach sand is washing back offshore. Actually the Pattaya beach is up classing and water clear now. Today:

IMG_20201105_092706.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Last time I went to Pattaya, before corona, Soi 7 and 8 were not doing well. I doubt corona is entirely to blame for the closure. Probably finished it off though.

Buakhao is where the action moved to.

Corona was the straw that broke the camels back,a lot of ex pats came to thailand when it was 70baht =£1 now its 40,london prices in a 3rd world country.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kingdong said:

Corona was the straw that broke the camels back,a lot of ex pats came to thailand when it was 70baht =£1 now its 40,london prices in a 3rd world country.

Correct IMO. Loads of divorced guys with half the money from selling the house arrived in LOS as very wealthy in baht.

LOS was wonderful at 70 to the pound, but not nearly so much at 45 or lower.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Correct IMO. Loads of divorced guys with half the money from selling the house arrived in LOS as very wealthy in baht.

LOS was wonderful at 70 to the pound, but not nearly so much at 45 or lower.

Was 55 when I arrived, now 40, I don't really economise but still my savings/investments in the UK continue to accrue. happy days for me. Most expats I know are in the same boat.

• Haha 1