Rentry with marriage visa

What is the current requirement for rentry to Thailand if you have a marriage visa, valid till April 2021?

Need insurance as per rules for tourists? Do you have to quarantine in their designated hotels and where to get such a list?  

Where to get more info - Thai embassy sites? Thanks

This is what a Thai embassy sent me last week. Valid for Oct - Nov.

1. Spouses or parents of Thai national maybe allowed to enter Thailand during this period of time.

They need both valid Thai Non-Immigrant "O" Visa or re-entry permit, and Certificate of Entry (CoE).

2. The requirement for the Certificate of Entry (CoE) for spouse or parent of Thai national, is as follows;

a) completed and signed Declaration Form, and copy of passport 

b) copy of Thai ID and passport of the spouse / child   

c) copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate showing legal relationship with Thai national 

d) valid Health Insurance Policy stating the coverage of all treatments and medical expenses in Thailand including COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000.- 

- Getting a new policy can be done via this website - https://covid19.tgia.org/ 

- The validity of the policy should cover the period that the foreigner will stay in Thailand or the policy should be valid for at least 3 months   

- No travel insurance by any airlines is acceptable

e) copy of air ticket to Bangkok (of the flight that is allowed to enter Thailand)

f) copy of reservation at the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility in Bangkok or Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) in Chonburi (14-day quarantine at own expense) (www.hsscovid.com – ASQ or ALQ) starting from the date of arrival in Bangkok        

g) COVID-19-free Health Certificate (RT-PCR test result) issued no more than 72 hours before departure

- It must be issued by authorized medical institutions, in English, stating the name of the person, and in hard copy like all other documents              

h) Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure

- There is no specific form or template

- It can be issued at any clinic by licensed medical doctor after a physical examination stating that the passenger is fit to fly

<snip>

6. On the day that you travel, you must have the following in hard copy;

- CoE

- Completed and signed Declaration form

- Health Insurance Policy

- ASQ booking

- PCR test result

- Fit-to-Fly certificate

• Like 2

This is from a private Facebook group for UK/Thai couples. This probably is only relevant to the Thai Embassy London. This was posted 1 hour ago. Somebody also replied that when they had been told that their non O rentry was now invalid and to get a Non O-A. Kun Wichaya is listed as a Minister-Counsellor on the UK diplomatic list and has a number of counsellors listed below her.

NON O RETIREMENT VISA EXTENSIONS WITH A RE ENTRY PERMIT
In response to a post by ***** yesterday about holders of Non O retirement extensions being allowed back into Thailand, I have been given clarification by Kun Wichaya of the RTE London. I have summarised her response below. Note this only applies to the RTE London at this time.
• There has been a debate about this. People with re-entry permits for extensions of stay based on a Non-O who meet the SAME REQUIREMENTS that apply to a Non O-A visa can now apply for a COE. However, It is up to the discretion of an immigration officer if entry to Thailand will be allowed.
• So to be safe, it is better to apply for the NON O-A
visa.
• The RTE London are not allowed to issue new Non-O retirement visa to those who re-entry permit has expired.
• For people with valid re-entry permit (Non-O), they have to submit (1) updated Thai bank statement (saving account) in the last 3 months that the balance is at least 800,000 baht and (2) health insurance that covers all medical expenses in Thailand, for any diseases including COVID-19, both in and out patient patient, at least 100,000 USD for the whole period they will stay in Thailand or at least for the remaining of their re-entry permit.

Ir married to a Thai you will need proof of your marriage to apply for a certificate of entry and etc.

The only insurance you  need will be coverage of at least $100k  covida 19 valid for your length of stay.

What embassy or official Thai coulsate will you be applying for it at.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ir married to a Thai you will need proof of your marriage to apply for a certificate of entry and etc.

if you're married to a Thai national with no currently valid visa is there anyway to apply for a visa while outside of Thailand? Usually this is done in-country but given the C19 situation that is now impossible.

9 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

if you're married to a Thai national with no currently valid visa is there anyway to apply for a visa while outside of Thailand? Usually this is done in-country but given the C19 situation that is now impossible.

Why do you think non-o visas based upon marriage are only issued in Thailand.

A single entry or multiple entry non-o visa can be issued by an embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Why do you think non-o visas based upon marriage are only issued in Thailand.

A single entry or multiple entry non-o visa can be issued by an embassy or consulate.

I have been dancing around the idea of getting married for some time now and I did ask the consulate in the US which told me they give a 1 entry (non-O was it?) but I need to actually acquire the annual extension in Thailand. Does that mean you could get the visa in the US  and still be admitted so that you could complete the process in Thailand?

24 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Does that mean you could get the visa in the US  and still be admitted so that you could complete the process in Thailand?

You can apply for a certificate of entry and enter Thailand with a single entry non-o visa.

If you got a single entry non-o visa in the states you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it if you can meet the financial requirements.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If you got a single entry non-o visa in the states you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it if you can meet the financial requirements.

Interesting, I didn't know this category of visa (non-o) would allow you entry during the COVID 19 situation.  I've heard so many stories of married guys that can't get back in to Thailand right now but I must be missing something or they're perhaps misinformed.

7 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Interesting, I didn't know this category of visa (non-o) would allow you entry during the COVID 19 situation.  I've heard so many stories of married guys that can't get back in to Thailand right now but I must be missing something or they're perhaps misinformed.

It is all very clear on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/11/foreigners_family/

For example from that page. "2.3 Visa application form (Download) (if the applicant does not have a valid visa to enter Thailand)"

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is all very clear on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/11/foreigners_family/

For example from that page. "2.3 Visa application form (Download) (if the applicant does not have a valid visa to enter Thailand)"

Thanks. maybe this will finally push me over the top towards marriage.

6 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

If a guy is 'legally' married to a Thai National he can apply for a Certificate of Entry from the Thai Embassy in his country (details in the link provided by UbonJoe).

Anyone who is ‘legally’ married to a Thai National (i.e. with a Marriage certificate) who says they cannot get back to Thailand either doesn’t want to pay for the additional costs associated with coming back at this time, doesn’t want to do a 2 week quarantine or is not up to date with the information. 

I returned in July on a Non-Immigrant O Visa (based on Marriage) after applying for CoE from the Thai Embassy in the UK.

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Thanks. maybe this will finally push me over the top towards marriage.

Is your partner with you at the moment? If not, how are you going to get to Thailand to marry her?  As a single person, you cannot obtain a Non O based on marriage.