Merry Christmas!

champers

6 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

The real meaning  being the fantasy story of a woman giving birth without having intercourse to a   relative of an imaginary being as  written down years after the event and then re written many times over the next 2000 years with more  holes than Swiss  cheese or use than a Thai  hookers anatomy. At least the second meaning holds more truth.

One nice thing about this dodgy holiday is how some places really do it up.  In Vegas, a few of the bigger hotels have some stunning displays.  I think here, a few malls do it up quite nice as well.  Though I've not seen them in years.

• Like 1

In 2004, Pope John Paul called the Christmas tree a symbol of Christ. This very ancient custom, he said, exalts the value of life, as in winter what is evergreen becomes a sign of undying life, and it reminds Christians of the "tree of life" of Genesis 2:9, an image of Christ, the supreme gift of God to humanity.

How many Christians live in Thailand?

It is a representation of Christ and Christianity.  

I was surprised the first time I saw so much Xmas decorating here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

One nice thing about this dodgy holiday is how some places really do it up.  In Vegas, a few of the bigger hotels have some stunning displays.  I think here, a few malls do it up quite nice as well.  Though I've not seen them in years.

Tokyo, Singapore.

Of course malls here do it up quite nice. Big holiday w/ sales through after New Year. The big difference is that shoppers shop in malls elsewhere. Here, TVF Econometricians track the shopping bag count in Thai malls closely at all times and have determined that Thai malls never have any shoppers. So the Christmas decorations here are merely part of a money laundering operation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Christmas decorations have gone up in retail locations in the US, I was first surprised by the timing, but, due to covid, Halloween has largely disappeared as an event.  Guess we skipped Thanksgiving altogether.

Nobody got any time for that dry old turkey....just crack open a can of cranberry--its crantastic!

• Haha 1