In the USA can you vote in a presidential election then later change your vote?

scorecard

6 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

fine with me.

i voted trump in 2016.   (not really for trump, more like not her)

may i please change my vote?

I agree that 2016 was a referendum on Hillary, and only coincidentally a victory for Trump. She was probably the least likeable candidate in modern electoral history. Running her was read, by the public, as an indication of just how complacent the elites had become.

With Trump, the presentation has been a rollercoaster but, with the exception of Covid, which I don't believe the Democrats would have handled any better, the actual economic decisions worked out well. Due to the sheer antipathy against Trump, the press never celebrated it, but your country's economy was astonishingly robust right up to March this year.

Most importantly, he is the first president in 30 years not to take America into a war. Again, I know, Americans quite like wars but, after so many, your whole system needed at least a few years to recover.

I am absolutely certain that America would have gone to war under Hillary. She was the main player pushing for the Libyan involvement, against Obama's gut instincts. Trump's adventures in North Korea were a gamble, one he appears to have lost, but it was worth a shot. Who knows, perhaps that brief moment of contact might pay off in the long run.

Also, and again something the media will not admit until after the Democrats are safely back in power, but the progress in the Middle East is jaw-dropping. It turned out that there was a deal to be made, and that is far more important than American politics.

It looks as though Trump will lose this election. Perhaps that is a good thing, but his term performed an important function. It reminded the Democrats, who will most likely remain in power for several decades now, not to take the people for granted. You can consider your vote for him in 2016 as a good thing once you realize that he was a much-needed enema.

Edited by donnacha
  • Haha 1