India Covid rate drops by 50%

AndrewMciver

What's going on in India ? Few months ago they were hitting nearly 100,000 cases a day. Figures have now dropped by nearly 50%. 

Testing is very high - so it can't be a case of saying they just aren't testing. They have really ramped up the testing. 

How on earth have they achieved this? Anyone whose been to India knows how awful and chaotic the countries health care system is. 

Presently there rates per 100,000 are now lower than most European countries. 

If you look at the daily new cases chart in the middle of

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

it's been a fairly smooth ramp up to peak mid-Sep and then down.

Reason might be they've been pretty vigilant about enforcing lockdown, see below, no western namby-pamby about "my rights" being tolerated.

But Europe is in their 2nd wave which remains to be seen what happens in Asia.

Added: Their healthcare system is crappy but that would affect mostly the recovery/death rates which aren't too bad either. Counter-balancing is mostly young population and less obesity.

Edited by Why Me

Europe reduced their wave due in part closing down their economies. 

India had a lockdown for a few weeks back in March then opened back up. Everything is fully open there. 

Also why the European and American may have their 'we have rights brigrade' - India is just total chaos with no public health service. 

Is there anything they are implementing that other countries could learn from ? 

• Confused 2

It may be as simple as the change of seasons. The yearly monsoon is easing off now, having been in effect from June to September and now decreasing in intensity as it heads south.

I was based south of Mumbai for a few years from 1999 and have visited many times since then. The stark contrast between the monsoon and dry seasons is rather dramatic and could well have an impact on health connected issues.

This new article (excuse the source!) provides yet more evidence of the impact of Vitamin D (mainly provided from exposure to the sun) in lowering covid rates. This has been the topic of many medical based videos by qualified doctors, yet continues to be under played by the MSM and the 'top' medical bodies. Why?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8884139/Eight-10-Covid-19-hospital-patients-vitamin-D-deficient-study.html?offset=17&max=100&jumpTo=comment-610121291#comment-610121291 

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

India had a lockdown for a few weeks back in March then opened back up. Everything is fully open there. 

Incorrect. They had lockdowns way beyond March. Infact, till recently in some places. E.g., in Mumbai the local train service which carries 100,000s daily is still off. It depends on government classification as hotspots.

Also why the European and American may have their 'we have rights brigrade' - India is just total chaos with no public health service. 

Well, it's not total chaos, they have pretty good med people there:-) The public health service is widely available but rudimentary. But world-class care is to be had if you can afford it. Yes, there's a shortage of facilities, but they did rise to the crisis pretty well. To their credit the government made response the highest priority for the past few months

Is there anything they are implementing that other countries could learn from ? 

I don't think there's any great mystery. Many Asian countries did well, including Thailand spectacularly, from simply scrupulously following health guidelines. That YT video I posted above might be a bit extreme but my friends in India tell me people generally are aware and mindful of masks, distancing, etc., and none of the rights/conspiracy nonsense.