NON O RETIREMENT VISA EXTENSIONS WITH A RE ENTRY PERMIT

36 minutes ago, Piscis said:

Today i was able to use the new website  https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/  to apply for a COE.

However, on the dropdown menu where you can choose the group of eligible people to apply, there is still not the option to choose "Non O". So i picked the "Non O A" and will see what will happen.

Hi John, when you are married to a Thai national you are eligible for the CoE.

But you would need a Visa to enter Thailand, and in the case of being married you would be able to re-enter on a Non Imm O Visa, hence they mention it on the drop-down menu.

When not married to a Thai national (or with Thai dependent children) you cannot make use of that Non Imm O Visa option to re-enter Thailand.

Thanks Peter.

Yes, i guess they will just denie my COE request on the Non O based on retirement (extension). Though they have already my Non O A Visa application, they may take that application into consideration for approving a COE...

John

5 hours ago, Piscis said:

Today i was able to use the new website  https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/  to apply for a COE.

However, on the dropdown menu where you can choose the group of eligible people to apply, there is still not the option to choose "Non O". So i picked the "Non O A" and will see what will happen.

Parallel to that approach, i applied on Friday already for a Non O A Visa at the German consulate. I included all docs that are needed for the COE, as we are now in a transition phase to the new process on how to get the COE. Anyway, the MFA website seems to be just a new plattform that will forward the COA application  to the choosen embassy/consulate the applicant could opt for. 

So at the end i think the receiver of the COE request will be the same. pre and post new procedure.

John

As I assume it is the same procedure as the UK, you cannot apply for the COE before or during your visa application. A COE is a 2 Stage process online. Stage 1 is pre aporoval. You need to upload your visa, your $100,000 Covid insurance, reason you are applying ie marriage certificate, your passport, your wifes paasport or ID card. When Stage 1 is pre athorised you have 15 days to book and upload your ASQ hotel and flight details. I hope this helps.