Purchasing a preowned vehicle

Suphawk

It seems that most reputable used car dealers in Thailand need a Work permit or residence certificate to buy a car. I'm trying to get a car to travel around and look for the long term place I'll be staying. So I won't have a residence to put down as long term at the same time I'm buying the car. 

I found one place in Pattaya that appears to be foreigner owned and sells cars without the work permit requirement. https://www.bp-rentals.net/

Has anyone heard good or bad things about bp-rentals?

Does anyone know of other car dealers that work with expats in Thailand? I'm willing to travel to any corner of the country, if I find a good deal and if they will sell to a foreigner without a work permit or other requirements I won't be able to meet yet.

Thanks in advance 

43 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

Does anyone know of other car dealers that work with expats in Thailand?

you will not be able to register the car in your name as the legal owner the car at the department of transportation because you don't have the proper paperwork from immigration.

where does immigration think you live now? that is your long term residence on the day you apply for the letter. 

Edited by NCC1701A

My plan..

I will be traveling back to Thailand on a O-A visa. After spending 2 weeks in Bangkok quarantine, I plan to spend a week or 2 in Pattaya looking for a car. 

Can a hotel or short term condo rental be used as a long term residence Address with immigration?

On 10/28/2020 at 7:10 AM, Suphawk said:

My plan..

I will be traveling back to Thailand on a O-A visa. After spending 2 weeks in Bangkok quarantine, I plan to spend a week or 2 in Pattaya looking for a car. 

Can a hotel or short term condo rental be used as a long term residence Address with immigration?

You can't get a Residents Cert until you have done a 90 Day Report as far as I am aware.