Two quarantined foreigners in hotel with infected French woman have COVID-19

webfact

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

May be the Virus survived on something , the previous ( possibly infected ) occupant of the quarantine facility , touched ?

Not good enough cleaning ? Would not be the 1st time ...

There is a certain risk to become infected by quarantining ...

maybe maybe maybe

I said weeks ago that these so called quarantine centres would be a "HUB" for virus spread and that on top of all the other exposure risks while travelling 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

If Covid will get up again in Thailand it will be almost 100% due to theses A-holes who comes in already infected and to the even bigger idiots who allowed them to board a plane...

“If you dont test the population you wont have covid” ( according to trump ) ....maybe its time Thailand finds out just how widespread covid is already in Thailand.  Sad for the “aholes who tested a few times and were  clear yet get it in a quarantine hotel

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oldie said:

And what happens if other people have booked this quarantine hotel and the rooms are blocked now because the people can't leave after the 14 days?

Are you seriously, seriously,  trying to suggest that there are an inadequate number of spare rooms currently in ANY thailand hotel ? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Are you seriously, seriously,  trying to suggest that there are an inadequate number of spare rooms currently in ANY thailand hotel ? 

They can't take every other hotel. They need to be approved for quarantine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

They can't take every other hotel. They need to be approved for quarantine. 

Seriously ? You think there is not enough room in ALL or ANY the thai quarantine hotels for overstaying 'infected' ? Amazing, considering the number of quarantine hotels and rooms compared to the dribble of tourists ! Have you yet seen a story on TV of full up quarantine hotels saying they need to limit the amount of tourists coming ? No, thought not.

• Like 1

When these two new cases were found to be infected - where were they?

The 'French woman' left quarantine on October 15th, which leaves plenty of room for the others to have been released from quarantine depending on when they arrived.

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seriously ? You think there is not enough room in ALL or ANY the thai quarantine hotels for overstaying 'infected' ? Amazing, considering the number of quarantine hotels and rooms compared to the dribble of tourists ! Have you yet seen a story on TV of full up quarantine hotels saying they need to limit the amount of tourists coming ? No, thought not.

I don't know how they will do this. Let's assume there is Corona in one of these hotels and all the people there might now be on an extended quarantine (including perhaps staff). Will they allow new people to move in there?

She left ages ago ! Obviously not cleaning enough and quite frankly if you can’t hack staying in your room for two weeks after paying money for the privilege then you shouldn’t be coming . No need to leave the room to go exercise or walk around . It’s two weeks , not two years ! God help these people if they ever end up in prison .

• Like 1

Just now, ronaldo0 said:

She left ages ago ! Obviously not cleaning enough and quite frankly if you can’t hack staying in your room for two weeks after paying money for the privilege then you shouldn’t be coming . No need to leave the room to go exercise or walk around . It’s two weeks , not two years ! God help these people if they ever end up in prison .

Not everyone is a fat slob who can easily sit in front of their TV 24/7....

Exercise is good for the mind and body - when people are ‘room bound’ in ASQ it makes perfect sense for people to be allowed to sue the gym and open spaces. 

I’ve done two weeks ASQ - it was a long time and I while I didn’t really feel a great need to leave the room, I can see how others might. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not everyone is a fat slob who can easily sit in front of their TV 24/7....

Exercise is good for the mind and body - when people are ‘room bound’ in ASQ it makes perfect sense for people to be allowed to sue the gym and open spaces. 

I’ve done two weeks ASQ - it was a long time and I while I didn’t really feel a great need to leave the room, I can see how others might. 

Doesn’t need to be about watching tv . Some people can just sit in silence for hours contemplating and relaxing and are extremely fit and slim . Some might find it boring or driving them mad but a lot of people would be happy with utter peace and quiet . ????????????

3 hours ago, samtab said:

so they don't clean the gym after each visit ?

this is Thailand, come healthy and leave in a coffin...

They shouldn't have been allowed in the gym. Quarantine regs state that you must stay in your room for the first 7 days and then be allowed out of your room for one hour per day. You cannot use pools or gyms during that time. Obviously, in some hotels, the rules have gone out of the window.