Trump concedes no coronavirus economic relief deal before Election Day

webfact

But for the good news:

"Deloitte estimated that the U.S. contraction in in 2020 would be the second mildest (behind only Japan) among G7 nations, with all the other countries — Canada, France, Germany, Italy, the U.K. — estimated to take a harder hit."

New third quarter 2020 economic numbers out Thursday are expected to show record growth, confirming a rapid, V-shaped recovery from the nationwide economic shutdown induced in the spring in response to the spread of COVID-19.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the Chicago Fed, the Conference Board, and Goldman Sachs have all expected growth to be between 30% and 35%, on an annualized basis. This level of growth, economists note, would be the highest in the history of American GDP calculations, which began during the Great Depression."

https://www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

https://www.chicagofed.org/publications/chicago-fed-letter/2020/447

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/10/goldman-forecasts-a-much-higher-35percent-jump-in-q3-gdp-growth-based-on-strong-consumer.html

https://www.conference-board.org/research/us-forecast

Edited by xofswen
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, rgraham said:

The democrats loaded this bill with ridiculous funding initiatives that have nothing to do with the virus panic. The US$2.0 trillion would cost each and every US citizen US$6,000 plus to give a limited number of citizens US$1,200 payment, that is some pretty shady governmental accounting!

Link please or if not you are certainly just trolling . Truth and not opinions please.

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

This has been all over the news for weeks!

Time to wake up earl(y)incalifornia...

You have only posting and no proof. Just as  stated  only trolling in hopes of getting an invalid post as a truth. Figures. Taking lesson from you master? Only trump supporters reality.

32 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

You have only posting and no proof. Just as  stated  only trolling in hopes of getting an invalid post as a truth. Figures. Taking lesson from you master? Only trump supporters reality.

There is no "proof" since these are just talks between the White House and the House of Representatives.

Both are more or less in agreement on a 2 trillion stimulus, but they disagree on who gets something and how much.

The White House would like the bulk of the money to go to households, while the House would like to send a large amount to the states, notably California and Illinois.

This is in all the news, mainstream and not, on a daily basis, and the talks have been going on for weeks.

23 hours ago, rgraham said:

The democrats loaded this bill with ridiculous funding initiatives that have nothing to do with the virus panic. The US$2.0 trillion would cost each and every US citizen US$6,000 plus to give a limited number of citizens US$1,200 payment, that is some pretty shady governmental accounting!

Well the Democratic proposal would cost 2.2 trillion

The Trump response would cost 1.8 billion

So by the reckoning you use the Trump bill would cost $4900 per citizen. So the shadiness lies in that $1100 difference?

And as for the proposal being filled with irrelevancies besides the $1200 family payment? Really?c.

What about the $600 per week in unemployment benefits that's part of their bill?

225 billion for education?

57 billion for child care?

436 billion in aid to state, local, and tribal governments?

I'd like to see some details of the so-called irrelevant spending in the bill and how much it all amounts to. Care to share the details with us?.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PhonThong said:

You obviously have not been following what has been going on. Pelosi, wants money for things that have absolutely nothing to do with Covid relief. Giving money to liberals to rebuild from the riots in Democrat run cities, is not in the best interest of the people across the country who are out of work and need money for food and rent.

I haven't really been following the details of the riots of which you speak,  but is it the case that large swathes of "Democrat run cities have been destroyed, and are in need of rebuilding, as a result of these riots?

Has damage been done to the city centres that is, for example, comparable to that done to Belfast and Londonderry by the IRA bombing campaigns of the 1970's?

I suspect that it is actually a clash of "pork barrel politics" Both sides wish the "pork barrels" to be delivered to their camps, Mr Trump's administration wishes them to be much more specifically targeted, whether on need or for political expediency remains, to me at least, unclear.

Edited by herfiehandbag

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I haven't really been following the details of the riots of which you speak,  but is it the case that large swathes of "Democrat run cities have been destroyed, and are in need of rebuilding, as a result of these riots?

Has damage been done to the city centres that is, for example, comparable to that done to Belfast and Londonderry by the IRA bombing campaigns of the 1970's?

I suspect that it is actually a clash of "pork barrel politics" Both sides wish the "pork barrels" to be delivered to their camps, Mr Trump's administration wishes them to be much more specifically targeted, whether on need or for political expediency remains, to me at least, unclear.

I guess if the democratic camps you mean workers, schools, state, local, and tribal governments, unemployed workers, uninsured workers, people paying off student loans...then you have a point. It's possible to look this stuff up.

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

There were no cities that were destroyed.  Some have had damage, but it's limited to specific areas, but much of this is nothing but a canard to deny money to the states and local governments.   

State and local governments were left 'in charge' of dealing with the pandemic, but most have limited and dwindling financial resources.   The economic collapse has left local gov'ts with a lot less money.  They simply cannot supply mandated services and the surging covid cases without additional money.   

There's nothing in the proposed legislation which would help Democrat cities over Republican cities.    It doesn't do much good to give people money to buy things if the road they drive down has collapsed because the state can't fix it due to the drop in income from gasoline taxes that are used for road repairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1