90 day reporting, changing provinces, and when is the start date?

Couple of questions:

1) I got my first 1 year extension of stay based on marriage and im coming up on the first 90 day report. Im not entirely sure which date on the passport stamp is my "start" date. Can anyone clarify? 

2) After I got my 1 year extension, I left the province where I live and went on holiday to Phuket, then Krabi for a month, and im still there now. Im thinking about staying for another month, but that would put me past the 90 day reporting date (I think)... I did not do any reporting when I left my home province and arrived here, so what does that mean? Do I just simply do the 90 day report at the local immigration office Krabi? Or will there be a problem because I did not report to immigration on arrival? 

3) I am considering moving from my home province to either Phuket or Krabi for a year to take advantage of the covid prices. If I decide to do so, what's the procedure, immigration-wise? Make the official move then immediately report to the local immigration office to update my location? Then carry on with 90 day reports on the correct timing? 

Thanks for any advice. 

ElYHgQgUwAAislv?format=jpg&name=large

Your report was due 90 days from the 30th of July when you applied for your extension of stay. It was due yesterday the 27th but you are still within the 7 days you can do the report without being fined for late reporting.

You should check to see if a TM30 report was by the owner of where you staying now to change your address to Krabi. If not that needs to be done so you can do your 90 day report at immigration there.

TM 30 was not done, I can guarantee it. 

Does that mean that the property owner MUST do a TM30 for me, otherwise I can’t do the 90 day report? 

Or can I just report without the TM30 and pay the fine?

What’s the fine? 

Im renting from Russians and they seem to be able to do whatever they want, so I don’t wanna push if it’s unnecessary. 

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

TM 30 was not done, I can guarantee it. 

Does that mean that the property owner MUST do a TM30 for me, otherwise I can’t do the 90 day report? 

Or can I just report without the TM30 and pay the fine?

What’s the fine? 

If your address has not been changed to Krabi you will not be able do a 90 day report to the office there.

It is the owners responsibility to the TM30 report within 24 hours of your arrival at you residence.

Just paying the fine for TM30 report being late or not done would not allow you to do the 90 day report. The fine for a late TM30 can be from as little as 800 baht to the max fine of 5000 baht.

The fine for not doing the 90 day report is normally 2000 baht. But the max fine of 5000 baht could charged.

If you have a rental agreement for where you are staying you could do the TM30 report yourself as the tennent.

17 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Can property agents, aka not the owners, do the TM30? 

Yes they can.

You  could pay the fine for the TM30 being late and then do the 90 day report before November 3rd and not be fined for a late 90 day report.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes they can.

You  could pay the fine for the TM30 being late and then do the 90 day report before November 3rd and not be fined for a late 90 day report.

The TM30 is a basic thai form I’m sure, but are there any supporting documents that the agent needs to bring?

Is the TM30 an online thing, that does not require a big show at immigration? 

The agents here, both thai and foreign, seem to be hostile towards being bothered with this. 

11 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

The TM30 is a basic thai form I’m sure, but are there any supporting documents that the agent needs to bring?

Is the TM30 an online thing, that does not require a big show at immigration? 

The supporting documents required for the TM30 report varies by office to office. A agent should have the supporting documents or at least proof they are authorized to act of behalf of the owner.

It can also be done online if the property has been registered with immigration to do them.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your report was due 90 days from the 30th of July when you applied for your extension of stay. It was due yesterday the 27th but you are still within the 7 days you can do the report without being fined for late reporting.

You should check to see if a TM30 report was by the owner of where you staying now to change your address to Krabi. If not that needs to be done so you can do your 90 day report at immigration there.

So are you saying the 90 day report is re-set when one applies for an extension? I thought it has to be done every consecutive 90 days one is actually in Thailand, irrespective of extension status.

Edited by KannikaP

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So are you saying the 90 day report is re-set when one applies for an extension? I thought it has to be done every consecutive 90 days one is actually in Thailand, irrespective of extension status.

The OP applied for his first extension of stay. In that case it is due 90 days from the date he applied for it.

If you have a existing extension a application for another one it does not reset the 90 day reporting dates.

• Thanks 1

I plan to move provinces to  establish myself in Pattaya.  My thought was to stay in various  hotels until selecting the desired condo.  When staying in a hotel they would be reporting my presents to immigration, which is a normal routine for them.  I would probably be in a hotel when my 90 day reporting becomes necessary.  Does the hotel reporting to the immigration represent a TM30?  In other words, I would merely present myself at the immigration office to do a 90 day report with no fuss?  Or must I do something else prior to the 90 day reporting?

@Mama Noodle > UJ is - as usual - fully correct in his response to your queries.

>>  When you have a rental contract for the place where you are staying, you could register as tennant on the IO TM-30 website.  The process for doing so (you need an approval confirmation mail from the local IO) can take 5 minutes to 5 working days, but usually done same day or day afterwards.  Once registered, you can then file your own TM-30.  Having done that and with a screenshot of the confirmation, you can then visit your local IO to do your 90-day report in person.

So if you do the above in course of today chances are you will still be in time to personally file your 90-day report at the local IO (till 6 days after due date) based on that TM-30.

The TM-30 acts as a confirmation that you moved to your current place (and needs to be done only once as long as you stay on the same Visa/Extension and do not relocate to a different place).  The 90-day report is a notification that you are STILL staying at the place you are officially residing for Immigration purposes.

> I did PM you a comprehensive guideline document on how to register on the IOTM-30 website and subsequently file your own TM-30.