French woman tests positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Cambodia

geovalin

PHNOM PENH, Oct. 27 (Xinhua) -- Cambodia's Ministry of Health (MoH) reported on Tuesday that a French woman tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections in the kingdom to 288.

The 23-year-old woman arrived in Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia, on Sunday from France via a connecting flight in Singapore, the MoH said in a press release. "The result of her samples' test showed (on Monday) that she was positive for the COVID-19," the MoH said. "Currently, the patient is undergoing treatment at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital."

The remaining 107 passengers on the same flight have been placed under a 14-day mandatory quarantine at various quarantine centers in the capital, it added. The Southeast Asian nation has so far recorded a total of 288 confirmed COVID-19 cases, the MoH said, adding that none have died and 283 have recovered.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-10/27/c_139470912.htm

5 hours ago, Anant72 said:

One keeps reading the same BS here regarding the “innocuity” of the Covid virus. Tell that to the hundred of thousand already dead or in an  artificial coma. Are you epidemiologists? Why would countries ruin their economies to stop the pandemic: out of fun?
i suggest to those armchair  cynical deniers  to go to any hospital ICU in Europe or the US and spend a day or two there. They could help the courageous medical staff who are overwhelmed by the number of cases. 

I am ready to bet that none of these illiterate deniers have been hit in one way or another. 

in Europe we cannot even get to hospitals..... but people whose work in hospitals telling me: never be so quiet ????????????‍♂️

• Sad 1