Thai tourism: Bank of Thailand report proposes opening up to mass tourism, with safeguards

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the Bank of Thailand says it is 20% so I'm going with that. 

20% may be the figure they are attributing to tourism, however they define that, but there is a conveyor belt that, in rotations of several years, delivers Western money far deeper into the heart of t

I think Thailand has been realigning itself away from the historical Western tourists and seeking to gain more Asian visitors. Certainly the majority of Western tourists are not going to jump through

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this is a good source of information. you often hear 11 or 12% as a figure tourism. 

It was reportedly about 6% when I first came to LOS. I don't know when it became 20%, if it did.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

And at least 6 million of them have lost their job, I would think. Jesus, man, this is a lot!! The government - or whatever you wanna call it - must do something now that will enable international tourism to flower again. 

and your suggestion for that is ...............................................?

Mine would be longer visa free entry and back to back entries allowed. Of course that would upset immigration which prior to corona was making it as hard as possible to stay longer than 60 days, and that included paying to extend beyond 30 days.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2