How Roojai leverages creative marketing with digital technology

Technology has been changing the way people buy products and services, and the outbreak of COVID-19 accelerated even more changes across all business sectors. As everyone is moving online now, and spending more time using the Internet of Things, it is interesting to see how Roojai has leveraged creativity to engage customers and enhance business performance.  

aseannow-1.jpg

Roojai: make insurance more accessible and more convenient

Roojai is a licensed insurance broker, specializing in online insurance. It launched in 2016 to provide a new online insurance service, and quickly stepped up to become an industry leader through cutting-edge innovation to give the best price for safe drivers. Using advanced technology, Roojai make purchasing car insurance easier and more convenient.

Roojai also expanded to Indonesia in early 2022 after its fully digitized and frictionless insurance experience proved successful in Thailand.

An industry-first: 100% online experience 

Roojai launched its complete online insurance service just a few weeks after the COVID-19 outbreak began, to protect its customers, teams, and maintain social distancing rules. 

Customers can complete their onboarding journey online using the Roojai Mobile app. The Roojai Mobile app is the only online platform where customers can completely manage their insurance experience. By using the app, customers can manage their account, renew their policies, report a claim and access all important documents. They can instantly upload and download e-documents, make an online purchase within a few minutes, update personal information, and check their insurance policy and payment status, all from their mobile phone. The app goes beyond just managing data, as new customers can also complete their video car inspection with an agent, request the Roadside Assistance Service if they have a problem, or report a car accident. Customers can also use the app to redeem their Roojai Rewards and refer friends to gain more rewards, giving the customer complete control of their experience.

Smart technology for a personalized insurance experience

Customer pain points from traditional insurance are typically about the need to buy a generic insurance plan, which is more expensive and isn’t tailored to their needs. Roojai is built to serve the varying demands of the customer.

According to Kasikorn Research, Hyper-personalization will be an important business trend in the upcoming years. Big data management, together with a customer-centric approach, is vital to winning customers’ hearts. Personalization can cut 50% off the cost of finding new customers while making 3 out of 5 website visitors more likely to buy. 

Roojai leverages customer data, including customer age, driving behaviour, marital status, and area of residence to improve sales conversions. Importantly, Roojai also allows customers to choose their personalized insurance policy within their budget. Taking a personalized approach means customers can design their personal insurance coverage from a variety of options, such as insurance excess insurance, car repair places, driver plan, and car replacement or roadside assistance add-ons. With the help of technology, Roojai is able to offer a competitive price, which can be up to 30% lower than the market average.

aseannow-2.jpg

Fans with benefits

A  recent survey of How to Hook” customers in the digital era by the College of Management, Mahidol University reveals that brand fan club or advocate groups spend more, and produce a valuable source of information for potential customers. Word of mouth is a powerful voice that also helps brands save on marketing costs. It was found that 45% of fans are likely to tell their friends about a product or service they like on an offline channel, while 42% will use offline and online channels. Only 5% of them will do the same on an online platform, and 7% will keep quiet.    

Roojai has opened digital platforms for customers to provide review and rate its service on the front page of their website and their Facebook fan page, making it very easy for visitors to quickly judge the value of using Roojai’s service. Potential customers can read Roojai insurance reviews and make a judgment on customer satisfaction before making a purchase. Both positive and negative comments are visible to give a balanced view. So far over 122,000 customers have shared their feedback, giving an average rating of 4.9/5. In return for each review submitted the reviewer could earn Roojai Rewards

aseannow-3.jpg

Always looking to use innovative technology,  Roojai’s online insurance has a referral program that issues Roojai Rewards for every successful referral and provides exclusive points to customers, which can be redeemed with other popular business brands and partners. Customers can also create a unique URL with unlimited links and send it to their friends to recommend Roojai, allowing them to automatically get reward points with little effort.      

1,800 Car garages around Thailand

Roojai has set up partnerships with over 1,800 car garages around Thailand. Over 800 of these garages are part of the Roojai preferred garages network. These preferred garages provide great service and high-quality car repair at an affordable cost. Roojai pass on this cost saving to the customers, by offering lower car insurance premiums for policies with the repair at preferred garages option. Roojai additionally offers a 12-month warranty for repairs carried out by the preferred garages network, to reassure customers that the work is of the highest quality.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, samtab said:

I ❤️ Roojai !

But why this name ? ????

Thanks, samtab!

Roojai (รู้ใจ) in Thai means to know someone's mind/to know someone's needs ????

Roo(รู้)= to know

Jai (ใจ)= heart/mind

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Absolute rubbish, I have been trying to get a quote for 4 days now, first time online questions - make of vehicle . TOYOTA, then model, HILUX TIGER, then what year it only goes up to 2001 but my truck is 2004, so try again I call them, same questions lady says thank you I have all the info and will email a quote, I say you have not asked if a 4 door or 2 door, oh sorry I forgot also I have a dash cam, ok will email a quote, get a email back we cant insure the truck because of SUB MODEL ? I email them back and explain ther are 1000's of hilux tigers in thailand, get another email please send photos 1 my thai licence 2 photo of blue book 3 photo of my passport 4 photo of current insurance, get another reply say they cant insure as my truck is a 1999, I gave up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My preference would be to use an independent insurance broker who can provide quotes from competing insurers and explain the differences in coverage and claims-paying attitude as well as price. 

Also, an independent insurance broker is the agent of the insured, not the insurance company, and has obligations to the insured that an agent does not have. 

Independent insurance brokers are not owned, even partially, by insurance companies and therefore don't have potential conflicts of interest.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 8:25 AM, ancharee said:

Absolute rubbish, I have been trying to get a quote for 4 days now, first time online questions - make of vehicle . TOYOTA, then model, HILUX TIGER, then what year it only goes up to 2001 but my truck is 2004, so try again I call them, same questions lady says thank you I have all the info and will email a quote, I say you have not asked if a 4 door or 2 door, oh sorry I forgot also I have a dash cam, ok will email a quote, get a email back we cant insure the truck because of SUB MODEL ? I email them back and explain ther are 1000's of hilux tigers in thailand, get another email please send photos 1 my thai licence 2 photo of blue book 3 photo of my passport 4 photo of current insurance, get another reply say they cant insure as my truck is a 1999, I gave up

My renewal quote arrived by email and was 2000 baht more than what it cost for me to apply on line again. But the online application would not progress as it told me I was already insured with Roojai. So I will let my present insurance expire then re apply as a new customer.

• Like 1