Schoolgirl slapped for not standing up during national anthem

webfact

This is an isolated indecent, been here many, many years and this is the first time i read about such behavior, and because of one idiot, it should stay in the realm of stupid deeds that many people do everyday some worse than others...

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They play the Royal Anthem, not the National Anthem, in cinemas.  A few years ago, everyone stood.  Now, not so many!

It sounds like the same song in the cinema as they play at 8am & 6pm on the telly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I stand for the countries national anthem out of respect for the country, not for any particular persons, just as i would expect any visitor to my own uk,

Same as they do at F1 races.

Hilarious! Somehow she was able to walk to where she was, and would have to walk back to get to transport or home yet she couldn't stand. Talk about a lame excuse. I'm not not Thai but when in public i always stand and if walking stop.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I suffer from migraine so sometimes standing up suddenly can bring on a migraine attack but I wai during the National Anthem to show respect for the country that I live in. The girl shouldn't have been slapped, which is an assault, but she could have done a wai sitting down. 

• Like 1

Admittedly, the slap was too much, but imprisoning the one who gave it is really overkill.
If, in our countries, we, the natives, we sang our hymn more often, respecting this moment, we would not have hilarious, disrespectful strangers, in sports halls or fields, or near war memorials.
At least this 15 year old will know what to do next time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

35 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

Hilarious! Somehow she was able to walk to where she was, and would have to walk back to get to transport or home yet she couldn't stand. Talk about a lame excuse. I'm not not Thai but when in public i always stand and if walking stop.

'Lame' excuses, good play on words sir!!???????????????? 

• Sad 1