Schoolgirl slapped for not standing up during national anthem

webfact

3 hours ago, johng said:

Just to be pedantic,  they don't play the national anthem in  Thai cinemas.

not pedantic, a valid point, it's surprising the lack of knowledge about thailand many people here have. if you want to understand what's going on in the country, you need to understand the country.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Aside from the fact that standing during a National anthem should be a matter of personal choice, given the law allows such freedoms, the woman in red has no right to do anything, other than possibly making a remark of disapproval. It is an unprovoked assault for which she should be charged and imprisoned, to make her and others think twice before such action. Being Thailand a wai and 500 Baht will probably solve the matter sadly.

This practise of offering a wai and an apology is not working in the modern world. What she did was an assault and needs to be addressed as so.

Today I was almost run over at a pedestrian crossing in as much as my son had to drag me out of the way. The driver gave a smile and a one handed wai.

This utter disrespect of the laws and disrespect of others is continuing to increase in Thailand is contributing to the current protests by the young.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

And why on earth should she have to wai a national anthem? What does that even mean? 

How about some people learn to respect a person's right to sit in peace while not bothering anyone. 

It shows respect and would have avoided that incident. As far as I am aware the words include respect to the Deleted and country. The UK National Anthem has the words God save our Gracious Queen. I have always stood up for that Anthem too. What you do is up to you.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

It shows respect and would have avoided that incident. As far as I am aware the words include respect to the Deleted and country. The UK National Anthem has the words God save our Gracious Queen. I have always stood up for that Anthem too. What you do is up to you.

what about the UK nationals who don't believe in God or the ones who believe in a different God, how's that working out.... why God save the Queen and not the people and  if and when the Queen dies they will have to change it and God save the Deleted, will they remove the word  "Gracious"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

Yes definitely assault and should be charged , there is no excuse for this kind of thing in modern society .

Therein lies the problem, Thailand isn't a modern society!! Witchcraft and all sorts of nonsense still remains.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I didn't know there was a Royal Anthem but then I have never bothered with going to a Thai cinema.

10 years ago I was with my Thai honey at the cinema ! The Anthem came on ,I seen all the people rise ! She grabbed  my arm and said ,up !

12 minutes ago, Salerno said:

In what century where women on their period banished to solitary confinement?

Your making things up! Your talkin SC! I'm talkin if your sick ,which many females experience  from a menstrual  cycle, stay home ! Thats a p poor excuse, to not stand !

Edited by riclag
txt
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

53 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what about the UK nationals who don't believe in God or the ones who believe in a different God, how's that working out.... why God save the Queen and not the people and  if and when the Queen dies they will have to change it and God save the Deleted, will they remove the word  "Gracious"

Indeed, us Brits are damned with probably the all time worst National Anthem.  I envy the French, Americans, Germans, Italians and Welsh!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, riclag said:

10 years ago I was with my Thai honey at the cinema ! The Anthem came on ,I seen all the people rise ! She grabbed  my arm and said ,up !

Movie Theaters on Military bases in the US is the same, everyone stands before the movie for the Anthem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

Gracious?

• Like 1