Schoolgirl slapped for not standing up during national anthem

Just to say it was a bit of a thing to stand up for "God Save the Queen" in English cinemas in the 1950s. The habit declined over time. Thailand is just playing catch up. As I understand it, most guys wait outside, and then go in after, presumably to avoid confrontation.

• Like 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes definitely assault and should be charged , there is no excuse for this kind of thing in modern society .

Another peace loving Royalist betraying their brainwashed mindset.

Aside from the fact that standing during a National anthem should be a matter of personal choice, given the law allows such freedoms, the woman in red has no right to do anything, other than possibly

Posted Images

Many years ago at a cinema in BK an Arab family didn't stand up for the National Anthem before the movie. The security guards man handled them out of the showing! 

7 hours ago, johng said:

Just to be pedantic,  they don't play the national anthem in  Thai cinemas.

Thanks for the correction. It was my mate that was at the movies and his observation. AFAIK, whenever there's a picture of the Deleted and regal music playing, it's supposed to be a stand up job. Maybe times have changed?

The only time I have ever been in a Thai cinema was in Korat in maybe 1980 to watch a badly dubbed version of Superman II. I do know that EVERYONE stood for whatever they played at that kick-off.

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:
7 hours ago, johng said:

Just to be pedantic,  they don't play the national anthem in  Thai cinemas.

Wrong.

No, you are wrong. There's the National Anthem and there's the Royal Anthem. The latter is played at cinemas. This was clarified back on page 2 and 3.

I am right and you are wrong, therefore I will hit you, to teach you.

This is the Thai education system at its finest. Do it my way or violence will ensue.

irrespective of the reason the girl did not stand for whatever anthem was being played, no one has the right to slap anyone. It would have been interesting had the girl's family been present to meet out the justice to the woman that she thought the girl deserved. thought

With respect the UK national anthem, it remains gracious, whether Deleted or queen. Harks back to when the Deleted was referred to as 'Your Grace' rather than your majesty. But this has nothing to do with the article.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Aside from the fact that standing during a National anthem should be a matter of personal choice, given the law allows such freedoms, the woman in red has no right to do anything, other than possibly making a remark of disapproval. It is an unprovoked assault for which she should be charged and imprisoned, to make her and others think twice before such action. Being Thailand a wai and 500 Baht will probably solve the matter sadly.

You mean they will wai to the woman in red and give her 500 Bahts? Yes not impossible 😜

I know a thai or two that if the vendor tried that on them they would sit her on her ass no iff's or but's guaranteed, should the vendor think this is not the case , try it on an  Issan girl

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

When I was a child in Australia, everybody stood for God Save  etc at the cinema or at school every morning.  No one would have dared sit down.

Not anymore, the only time you will hear the national anthem is at a footy mach.