On my way to airport

20 hours ago, samsensam said:

every day hotels, guest houses, etc. have to complete a form (i've only seen it written but it may be online too) with passport information of all foreign guests including visa/visa exempt details, this is sent to local police/immigration.

And many don't.

My mate who we got back to Sydney last Sunday was in a similar position of 56 day overstay

He had gone to Immigration twice in Khon Kaen & they would not give hime a visa extension because he arrived before the Covid amnesty.

At airport he presented PP & just said "Covid,sorry, stamped out without a mention of fine 

or overstay stamp in PP

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Ive slept overnight at airports,many times..its not too bad.

Can wash and buy food..

If you dont sleep,its ok,makes it easier to sleep on airplane..

Same as me when backpacking around the world.

As well with accumulated miles got access to lounges for free food, drinks and showers.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

My mate who we got back to Sydney last Sunday was in a similar position of 56 day overstay

He had gone to Immigration twice in Khon Kaen & they would not give hime a visa extension because he arrived before the Covid amnesty.

At airport he presented PP & just said "Covid,sorry, stamped out without a mention of fine 

or overstay stamp in PP

Good info: 

Recommendation for the Op: Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

1) Travel straight to the airport or stay in a hotel which does not require passport ID to check in

2) Check in for the flight early and pass immigration with plenty of time

3) Have 20,000 baht - just incase an overstay fee is charged

4) Plead Covid-19 as the reason for overstay and hope for the same result as above

• Like 2

go directly to airport, take elevator to the basement.

there are couches near the entrance to the airport link

directly in front of the subway sammich shop.

backpackers and other cheap charlies crash there

overnight when waiting for an early morning flight.

it's quiet after the trains stop running, and unless

things have changed, airport security doesn't harass

the sleeping travelers.

• Like 1

There are capsule hotels at the airport which have automated check-in such as Avagard capsule hotel and Boxtel. I don't think you need your passport for them. In any case it's unlikely in the extreme that immigration officers are going to be hanging around waiting for you to emerge from your capsule before bundling you into the immigration detention centre.

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

or overstay stamp in PP

So your mate wasn't actually on overstay, definitely not similar to OP.

22 hours ago, Robin said:

Wherever he stays he will be caught at the Airport.  Better make sure he has plenty of cash to pay the fine if he wants to get on his flight.

No, there's an extreme difference between getting caught with an overstay and simply paying the fine at the airport. Don't make people confuse the two.

• Like 1