Progressive Movement ready to fight EC right to the end, says Piyabutr

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This move of the EC to prosecute Thanathorn and others of FFP right now is to willingly increase the tensions and, together with provocations caused by organized yellow thugs, to create violence. The

I see 32 coalition MPs have been cleared of owning media shares. The thing that Thanatorn was banned from being an MP for.    Seems like the real boss is flexing his muscles now and wants it to

Progressive Movement ready to fight EC right to the end, says Piyabutr By THE NATION     The Progressive Movement announced on Wednesday that it is ready to fight the charges

1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

This move of the EC to prosecute Thanathorn and others of FFP right now is to willingly increase the tensions and, together with provocations caused by organized yellow thugs, to create violence. The reason is simply that the powers-that-be want a decisive battle as soon as possible. They hope to ingnite violence and real riots, to have an excuse for their desired tough crackdown. It's all a well engineered agenda of escalation what happens right now. 

I really don't see violence as the solution to the crisis; counter productive, in fact, given the mass of the people are clearly unhappy with the current status quo. As always, I reiterate the opinion that banning the FFP was a big mistake, which is clear to most, and doubling down on that mistake seems a little, shall we say naive, to be generous. Every cauldron needs a release valve.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

This move of the EC to prosecute Thanathorn and others of FFP right now is to willingly increase the tensions and, together with provocations caused by organized yellow thugs, to create violence. The reason is simply that the powers-that-be want a decisive battle as soon as possible. They hope to ingnite violence and real riots, to have an excuse for their desired tough crackdown. It's all a well engineered agenda of escalation what happens right now. 

I guess that after this coming crackdown, and after a possible coup by the new army leader Narongphan to get to geet rid of the political deadlock, to end the demonstrations and to have a 'reset' on the whole mess, the army will give the power to some civil friends. Likely Anutin then will appointed as the next PM, possibly after a short intermezzo of Narongphan or Apirat as interim-PM.

The civil government later will be appointed in order to appease the people and the international community, and to create a "government of national unity", whose duty only will be to protect the system for another decade, before the whole cycle will start again.

The old road.

A comforting one for many.

A comforting delusion this time.

This is the New Era.

This time there will be no "impartial" mediation.

This time it's "A l'outrance".

Edited by Enoon
8 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

What I believe, though, is that they will use the police with tear gas and rubber bullets, rather than the army with life ammunition. 

I have a feeling the BiB isn't on the usurper side. They got shafted for extra pay and that's a no-no here.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I have a feeling the BiB isn't on the usurper side. They got shafted for extra pay and that's a no-no here.

You might be right, quite possible, yes. But how about the lower ranks of the army? 

Interesting times...

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

Yes, sure. For the students and for every modern, intelligent person violence is not a solution. But for the generals it is. It will be the way they go, when they do not see any other way to get rid of the uncomfortable situation they are facing now with the protests.

They are trained to use violence, they are able to use violence, and they live in their own medieval world which makes them believe that the use of violence is a good way, a way they can be proud of. So they will be very motivated to use violence.

What I believe, though, is that they will use the police with tear gas and rubber bullets, rather than the army with life ammunition. It would took too bad on the international stage if they shoot and kill children. But who knows....we are dealing with brain dead dinosours here.

Really depends on how you view the situation. Ninety per cent or more on one side, ten per cent or less on the other, who's going to win? It will be bad for Thailand, that's for sure, violence I mean.