Tizer (One for the Brits).

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

One for us Brits.

Was in Tops yesterday and came across tins of Tizer. Not seen this since my long distant schooldays. Looks like it's been jazzed up for the modern day.

Bought one just for the memory. Memory playing tricks. Tastes disgusting. ???? Seem to remember it tasting better.

Now I just need to keep an eye open for Quality Street for Christmas.

IMG_6693.jpg

Hi phetphet

Recently did the same with a can of Irn-Bru - not as I remember it at all!!!????

• Haha 2

By the time it has traveled here, then sat on a shelf awaiting a homesick Brit, it would not be surprising if it tasted differently.

At least Vegemite never changes.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 1

My earliest memories of Tizer were walking back from the match at Leeds Road (Huddersfield). Passed an old broken down cottage and the old guy inside had set up a trestle table with dozens of plastic beakers filled with Tizer on it. 3d a beaker. Didn't sell anything but Tizer.

Never even saw a bottle of Coca Cola until I was 16.

Edited by polpott

Irn Bru has had the sugar content reduced, so it no longer tastes like it did. Vimto is very popular in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan and it tastes much like I remember it. I haven’t tried Tizer for a very long time, and hardly ever see it. What about Tango, don’t see much of that either? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I remember Corona delivered in milk crates and was a fan of R-Whites Lemonade ... I wonder if operation yewtree ever got around to investigating the guy from the ads 

I vaguely remember Corona ... did they come in big fat bottles?

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Irn Bru

They don't even give you a penny back on the empty return bottle anymore.  I used to get into the Saturday morning Odeon flics with three of them!

Bloody Scottish skinflints!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

One for us Brits.

Was in Tops yesterday and came across tins of Tizer. Not seen this since my long distant schooldays. Looks like it's been jazzed up for the modern day.

Bought one just for the memory. Memory playing tricks. Tastes disgusting. ???? Seem to remember it tasting better.

Now I just need to keep an eye open for Quality Street for Christmas.

IMG_6693.jpg

Yes, it's not like the original. Way too sweet.

Edited by Baht Simpson
  • Like 1