1 minute ago, fangless said:

Lemonade?

I assume you mean one of the numbered Pimm's Gin based "ready made cocktails"

Nope, I'm sure it was Pimm's Lemonade, but I can't find any reference to it. I'll ask my sister, next time I call her.

• Like 1
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just remember, it's an anagram of "vomit"   All of the ingredients that made things taste good when we were kids are illegal now 😞 

I did , at a holiday camp in the mid '50s my dad bought us cream soda with a lump of vanilla ice cream in it.  Must have been god as I still remember it after about 65 years.

There's none of this to be found in Thailand though....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

I did , at a holiday camp in the mid '50s my dad bought us cream soda with a lump of vanilla ice cream in it.  Must have been god as I still remember it after about 65 years.

Funnily enough I bought a tin of cream soda  last Christmas in an expat store here in Samui. It wasn't R.Whites though.

that was the other name I remember besides Corona.

Remember the advert? R.Whites Lemona- a- ade!

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Which in itself is a great shame! 😊

Now if you were to mention the real thing.......

Marmite.jpg.0a3bdf9fd3120b3899750819c9c8f1cd.jpg

Yes, I'm running for cover........... 😁

My understanding is Marmite is a meat extract, which is why it can't be imported into Thailand, whereas Vegemite can. But the label says 100% vegetarian, have you guys finally seen the light?

Just now, Lacessit said:

My understanding is Marmite is a meat extract, which is why it can't be imported into Thailand, whereas Vegemite can. But the label says 100% vegetarian, have you guys finally seen the light?

I can always buy Marmite in Big C or Tops. Can't be much of a problem importing it.

58 minutes ago, faraday said:

Anyone remember Pimm's Lemonade?

Dad used to buy us a bottle on a Friday night, from the offy.

Only sussed out years later it was a cover up so he could buy something for himself.

Bit like him telling us that smoking got rid of mosquitoes.

If I recall correctly, Pimm's No 1 cup was the genteel route for ladies to get drunk.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Lacey old son, we Brits eat Marmite coz we is men. 🤣🤣

None of that namby Pamby vegan rubbish.

Btw, I've never actually eaten Vegimite...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm not British nor Australian, but Google tells me that they are the same thing.

https://www.mashed.com/198968/whats-the-difference-between-marmite-and-vegemite/

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Yeah, I know. You eat cold pork pies and drink warm beer because a government agency allied to the NHS removed all your taste buds as newborns.

But our cojones are larger....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, VBF said:

Which in itself is a great shame! 😊

Now if you were to mention the real thing.......

Marmite.jpg.0a3bdf9fd3120b3899750819c9c8f1cd.jpg

Yes, I'm running for cover........... 😁

I've got 5 large jars in my fridge currently. Have it for breakfast every day. I hope it lasts until I can make another UK run. Keeps the mozzies off me, I never get bit if I've eaten Marmite.